Amp Switcher

• Thread starter Thread starter Metlupass2
  • Start date Start date
I was thinking the 8x4 and a Fryette Power Station to use to share the FX loop for all.

I have the 8x4 KHE switcher. It’s fantastic.

I plan on adding a Powerstation at some point for attenuation and shared FX loop as well.

Can’t go wrong with the KHE, plus it’s 1u which is nice.

I have the 8x4 KHE switcher. It’s fantastic.

I plan on adding a Powerstation at some point for attenuation and shared FX loop as well.

Can’t go wrong with the KHE, plus it’s 1u which is nice.

Thats the route I'm going. My PS-2 will be here today, just have to order the KHE. I was able to find a store in NY that actually had some in stock as they are out of stock everywhere.

I have a kruse switcher with 6 amps 2 cabs and 6 fx loops and it gets the job done- of course now I am running out of slots on my switcher which is a first world problem

How are you integrating the Axe? Setting it up as if it’s an amp?
FWIW with the DeLisle I can run the Axe in the loop of all of my amps because it switches loops too. That’s one of the reasons I opted for it. For others with an attenuator output, you can redirect through a PS2 and the PS2 can provide loop for the Axe.

It doesn't exist because such a device would require a real routing matrix able to handle high current instead of simple relays. That would be much more difficult and costly to implement.
Didn’t Egnater make two products for this purpose ? The SS4 amp head switcher and a companion product that could switch between 4 cabs ?

What brand of speaker cables is everyone using?
I'm using several that I've picked up cheaply as needed, but my favorite so far are some I put together myself with Audio2000's cable and some neutrik jacks. Others I have and use are a short Ernie Ball one, a StageMaster from sweetwater, and a GLS audio one. I got another one, a generic brand from some DJ and audio supply online store I forget the name of, and that was copper-clad aluminum. Yuck. Don't buy CCA if you plan on making your own cables. I got rid of that crap. Anyhow, my hand-made cables feel the best and most robust out of the above lot.

Also, I've had issues with the traditional style jacks like this that just clamp around the cable insulation for strain relief:
1718782001688.png

The problem is that over time with enough handling (e.g., speaker comparisons where I'm constantly plugging/unplugging the cable) I've had the insulation inch it's way out from the clamp, and then I have to work it back in. The StageMaster has that problem, for example. For that reason I use the Neutrik chuck-style strain relief jacks as they seem to have a much more secure grip on the insulation and don't allow it to slip out, actually clamping down harder if it tries to:
1718782279404.png

Note that Neutrik also makes the traditional style jack in the first picture, and the StageMaster cable giving me trouble actually has the Neutrik branded jack, so don't think that just 'cause it's Neutrik you're getting the fancy chuck style jack.

Didn’t Egnater make two products for this purpose ? The SS4 amp head switcher and a companion product that could switch between 4 cabs ?

I don't know the Egnater product but I'm quite sure you cannot have the four heads simultaneously into the four cabs in any combination. It would require a 16 crosspoint matrix. With eight amps and eight cabs, it'd be a 64 crosspoint matrix.

I don't know the Egnater product but I'm quite sure you cannot have the four heads simultaneously into the four cabs in any combination. It would require a 16 crosspoint matrix. With eight amps and eight cabs, it'd be a 64 crosspoint matrix.
No, the Egnater products allow one head into one cab at a time, but any head can go to any cab, but you need two boxes. The SS4 head switcher and whatever the cab switcher is called.

EDIT : The cab switcher was the SC4.

Last edited:
It doesn't exist because such a device would require a real routing matrix able to handle high current instead of simple relays. That would be much more difficult and costly to implement.
The little labs Pcp Distro is good 3x3 with phase, and some options I use two of those in the studio.

Back