Another Friedman Plex video from Doug Rappoport

• Thread starter Thread starter harddriver
  • Start date Start date
I wanna hear one where he's running a Boss GE-10 in front of it.

Plex demos sound pretty good so far! I like it quite a bit better than the "standard" friedman fare i've heard and played.

I haven't seen a demo yet where this amp fails to impress. Seems brighter and rawer than any previous Friedman offerings.

Reactions: PDC
Make it 100 watts w/a loop and im in.
But i guess that would conflict with the flagship BE 100.

It is just not physically possible. Dave has been pretty straightforward about how his various amp offerings can be setup to sound alike. He doesn’t seem too concerned about cannibalizing his own product lines.

It is just not physically possible. Dave has been pretty straightforward about how his various amp offerings can be setup to sound alike. He doesn’t seem too concerned about cannibalizing his own product lines.
A KT66 JTM 100 style in this vein could be pretty cool with the the way he did the bright switches.

Yeah like Grim was saying, not possible because the magic is happening in the power amp not the preamp like the BE 100, etc.

I definitely want one of these I think. I keep thinking about it as a goal, save up over the next year or so and get one. The ability to play at super low volume is a win.

Yeah like Grim was saying, not possible because the magic is happening in the power amp not the preamp like the BE 100, etc.

I definitely want one of these I think. I keep thinking about it as a goal, save up over the next year or so and get one. The ability to play at super low volume is a win.
From the times I played it in a store I thought the Master worked really well. Sure you lose some things down low but it still sounded like Marshall rock n roll to me.

Wonder how this compares to the Phil X especially with their respective variac modes

From the times I played it in a store I thought the Master worked really well. Sure you lose some things down low but it still sounded like Marshall rock n roll to me.
The problem is though that a loop would go before the phase inverter, and the phase inverter is distorting even with the master turned down.

Reactions: PDC
Wonder how this compares to the Phil X especially with their respective variac modes

The variac mode on this drops all the voltages including the heaters, the Phil X low power just drops the preamp voltage if I recall what Dave said about it recently. Might have been on the last tone-talk, can't remember for sure but somebody asked about that.

He won't put a loop in it, it would not sound like the original, which was the whole point of the amp.

If you want a more modern sound, he has plenty options for you.

He won't put a loop in it, it would not sound like the original, which was the whole point of the amp.

If you want a more modern sound, he has plenty options for you.
NO LOOP FOR YOU........................................:LOL: WITH LUV..............Dave Friedman.......the loop Nazi........:hys:

5c128875-0dca-4ed9-ad88-a54587c866d0_text.gif

Back