any love for the Boss TU-2 tuner

• Thread starter Thread starter saxxamafone
  • Start date Start date
I know it's technically rather inaccurate vs modern pedal tuners.

But it just feels like home to me, plus the amount of pros who have used them over the years..

I've cycled through many pedal tuners and now feel like going back to what I know and love.

Any one else still rocking these?
I guess that depends on your definition of inaccurate. I used a TU-2 as my stage tuner for decades with no issues. I have intonated guitars with it and checked it against my Peterson strobe and it was close enough. Close enough you will never detect an inaccuracy with the human ear.

I guess that depends on your definition of inaccurate. I used a TU-2 as my stage tuner for decades with no issues. I have intonated guitars with it and checked it against my Peterson strobe and it was close enough. Close enough you will never detect an inaccuracy with the human ear.
Ditto. Would ad for most tuning around the house when working on guitars especially i use a rechargable snark clipon.
When im done working on guitars i cross match the tuning with my TU-2 on my board and the TU-2 is always a tad more accurate.
I played in bands for 2 decades with no tuner at all i would just tune to the bass player by ear.

I own 3 of them lol I never knew they were inaccurate :ROFLMAO:
The internet would have you believe they're inaccurate purely based on the numbers.

+/- 3 cents vs the tuners today being +/- 1 cent and lower.

But in real world, I think it makes little difference to what we end up hearing.

Especially on a guitar that is 'technically out of tune' as soon as you fret something

The internet would have you believe they're inaccurate purely based on the numbers.

+/- 3 cents vs the tuners today being +/- 1 cent and lower.

But in real world, I think it makes little difference to what we end up hearing.

Especially on a guitar that is 'technically out of tune' as soon as you fret something
Personally, in a band situation be it practice or live, I have always had my fellow band members be on the same tuner as me, or me the same as them. I have 3 of these and I have 3 rack mounted Korg Pitchbacks and they all seem to be pretty similar.

I guess I never really considered that tuners could differ though overall lol

I like the boss waza tuner. I don’t use clip on tuners on stage and prefer a pedal. I hate people that keep tuners clipped onto their headstocks all of the time even on stage. Also some of the vintage headstocks I have are sensitive to clearcoat denting from clip on tuners.
we have a "no headstock tuners" rule in our band :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Back