Anybody grow CULINARY shrooms

billsbigego

Emphasis on the word culinary, LOL

I need to stop drinking. I only drink like 1 day a week, but the next two days are rough with the amount of beers I drink on a Saturday. So I figure that since I am not the type to be able to handle just being at peace with being sober (not an option for me) I would start growing shrooms, of course for culinary purposes.

I ordered 2 grow bags from an online reputable source and 2 syringes from another place.

I guess these are the best to get as far as the type of medium.

"MYYCO liquid culture syringes, unlike spore syringes, contain tiny pieces of nascent, undeveloped mycelium. Mycologists consider liquid cultures more reliable than spores for microscopy research.
Spore syringes are notorious for becoming contaminated. Liquid cultures are much less likely to contaminate. MYYCO guarantees the sterility of all our mushroom liquid cultures.
unlike spore syringes, the process of making liquid cultures allows us to isolate each strain to ensure that each specimen is resilient to contamination."

My question is this. It says
1. put them in an environment where it's 75-80 degrees F
2. Don't place them near any contaminants.

There lies my problem. I live in MA, where it's fucking freezing all the time. Even during the summer, it's fucking 40 when I wake up outside and about 65 inside.
So I thought about putting them on top of, or behind the fridge. Am I better off putting them in a container in the warmest place I can find?

I can't believe how fussy these fucking things are. They'll grow in shit outside where there's tons of contaminants, but growing them inside requires a super sterile environment.

I actually know a couple guys that have and do grow them. The one that did grow them was doing the happy variety. The other guy is growing the food variety. Old dude….he has some small logs out in his yard that he uses as the grow medium.

How is growing culinary mushrooms an acceptable substitute for getting drunk? I mean, I knew a guy on the death path of alcoholism who quit and would never be found without a 12 pack of mountain dew in arms reach, everywhere he went. I get that kind of substitute but the mushroom thing seems weird. At least do something liquid-y like make Kefir or large batches of delicious yogurt that way you can pound liquid that will make you a beast of a man and live longer too.

Seems like a lotta trouble to go to for that but I"m not the guy stuck in Mass either so I don't really have any PTSD.
Yeah I'm a vet with severe PTSD. Seen a lot of stuff I wont get into. I manage it mostly myself without medication. It's not really that much trouble. Shoot some mushroom culture into a substrate bag and wait a bit. Roughen up the bag after a while to spread out the culture and wait some more. Month or 2 later, harvest, dehydrate, grind and put into capsules. It's therapy in it's own right, sort of a hobby, depending on how deep you want to get into it.

There's not a lot of stuff that's worked for me as far as stabilizing my mental state. I'm not violent or anything, just like to alter my consciousness a tad. Microdosing is said to be the future of psychiatry, according to some experts, without the side effects of big pharma meds. So, I like to be a scientist in my own life. Microdosing, from my research has helped a lot of folks and for some, is a miracle. Whether I'll quit drinking on my one day a week is up in the air. I just like to experiment.

Towelie | South Park Fanon Wikia | Fandom

The original thread was posted at the OTC root level and I moved it to "Food & Drink" 'cause it wasn't clear what you wanted to grow seeing as there'd been no replies.

Now I find this. I think you've done this a couple 'o times before bro'. It'll be easier for the mods if you just go with the original threads 'cause they will be moved; no need to duplicate.

I'll delete the original 'cause there's nothing new in it to merge with this one. :thumbsup:

Now, Food & Drink, Hobbies or Books & PD? I'm thinking PD. :student:

Back