Anybody have a particular song that always gets them to pick up the guitar?

• Thread starter Thread starter Dino 939
  • Start date Start date
Dino 939
Dino 939
Banned
Hey you(s)!
Question,
Is there a song that always gets you inspired
to play your guitar, like badly?
Me?
Absolutely.
Which song?
“Bleed The Freak” followed by “Dam That River”
by Alice In Chsins.

-ANYTHING from The Cream.

What fires you up man?

Last edited:
i have a rig in pretty much every corner of every room of my house yet i still play air guitar 80% of the time
My wife would kill me. Although with the grandkids around they are becoming interested in guitar and keys so there is a chance to do this…. Until they break my guitars or poke holes through my speaker cabs!

Some songs just feel good to play and when you hear them you want to pick up a guitar and play them. Of course these are also some of the songs/riffs I tend to play when absent mindedly noodling or whatever.

Whitesnake - Give Me All Your Love

Thin Lizzy - Cold Sweat (although I tend to have the Jorn Lande version in my head)

Demons and Wizards - Poor Man’s Crusade

Jason Isbell - Hope the High Road

War Ensemble always gets me pumped to play. I start with the bridge section as a warm-up though, the beginning and verses are too fast for me to start out cold on.

Ratt , Pantera , Jason Richardson , Van Halen , even polyphia lol . If it’s got crazy guitars I’m good to go

My entire warm-up routine is just my bastardizations of Gary Holt riffs.

Probably almost everything. Maiden, Manowar, Rammstein, NIN, video games, crazy old 20s hoedowns full of innuendo, Heart exploding symphonies, 90s Power Rangers and X-men cartoon opening themes... nothing particular, but always the usual.

Hey you(s)!
Question,
Is there a song that always gets you inspired
to play your guitar, like badly?
Me?
Absolutely.
Which song?
“Bleed The Freak” followed by “Dam That River”
by Alice In Chsins.

-ANYTHING from The Cream.

What fires you up man?

White Room kills me