Anyone recording with tape emulation?

• Thread starter Thread starter nightlight
  • Start date Start date
I always use the UAD ATR102 on the master bus. I’ll use the studer 800 on drums and guitar as needed. …I never record with them; just apply in post/mixing phase. 👍

Not bashing anything anyone else wants to do...but I'm too old to try to sound old, and did that for too long already....I have stuff on 3 1/2" reels from when I was a kid (before cassettes). That how enough wow and flutter and hiss for a lifetime, I don't miss any of that stuff!

Not bashing anything anyone else wants to do...but I'm too old to try to sound old, and did that for too long already....I have stuff on 3 1/2" reels from when I was a kid (before cassettes). That how enough wow and flutter and hiss for a lifetime, I don't miss any of that stuff!
Totally get you here. It’s wild how the idiosyncrasies of years past, became the desired flavours of the future. …suffice it to say, I do enjoy the mid range bump, slight saturation, compression, and high end roll off that tape can offer. …that said, I resort to UAD tape plugins to get me 70% there. Convenience is a mind killer. Lol.

Last edited:

Back