Avatar Vintage 4x12 now with pics

• Thread starter Thread starter ejecta
  • Start date Start date
ejecta
ejecta
Just got the Avatar Vintage 4x12 in with T75's. Ill report back later as to the build quality and such as I know there were guys earlier postings courious about them.

GUT PIPCS PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE!!!!!!!

Oh yeah........congrats :)

I want to buy one of these and sell the speakers so I can load it with MC-90s.

I am curious as well. I know Avatar has a good reputation but since the vintage cabs are relatively new, it will be nice to hear from someone who has one.

Yeah dude, definitely give us the deal on it. I'm really interested in getting one!

Hell yeah man, let us know what you think ASAP. And pics please. Congrats, btw!

Ok opened up the box and its damaged. :x There's a dent and very minor about 3 inches long on the top back edge. Not real bad actually. And the front plate needs to be screwed back in a bit on one edge. Its out about 1/4 inch. I called Avatar and their customer service guy was out to go pick up some things but the guy I talked to said they would probably ship me a new empty cab and work something else into the deal to make it right and that they'll call me back here in an hour. I'll just fix this one by screwing it back in on that one edge until the new cab comes in. Speakers seem fine. Oh well shit happens and Avatar has been great so far.

Looking inside it does seem built well and for the big bang it took judging from the size of the dent. Nice and clean. nice tolex work and looks like decent wood. IMHO a good deal for the money.

Got a call back from Avatar earlier. Great service. Gave me several options so Im going try some things and see If I will be getting a good cab for an ever better deal or send it back for a new one.

Again great guys at Avatar.

Dave is good people, great to hear that they got back to you so soon.

Yeah Im thinking as long as the speakes are good its very fixable except for the 3 inch ding on the top which you can hardly see really. As for the baffle being pulled back on one edge, given my uncle is furniture maker he can help me reset the screws with some of his good wood glue and add a couple of extra screws and the cab should be fine I think. I'll see once we do that and then I'll play it and see if it rattles anywhere. If Im able to fix it they are going to knock a good chunk off of the cab with a partial refund and send me free casters to boot. Or I can just send it back for a brand new one. Its up to me.

Dave and Avatar Good peeps fo sho.

The 2x12s are Mojo cabs. The 4x12s come from somewhere else.

I just bought a 2x12 from them, and right out of the box one of the speakers isn't working. The packaging had no signs of abuse, so they can't blame it on the shipper. Hopefully their customer service isn't too much of a problem to deal with...

>|<>QBB<
indespise":2e1b5 said:
I just bought a 2x12 from them, and right out of the box one of the speakers isn't working. The packaging had no signs of abuse, so they can't blame it on the shipper. Hopefully their customer service isn't too much of a problem to deal with...

Did you pop the back off yet?

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":e0b2d said:
>|<>QBB<

Did you pop the back off yet?

Nope, I sent an email to them explaining what's going on. I want to make sure they won't void my warranty for taking the back off before I look around.

>|<>QBB<
indespise":a0b4c said:
>|<>QBB<

Nope, I sent an email to them explaining what's going on. I want to make sure they won't void my warranty for taking the back off before I look around.

Good enough reason, I am sure that they will help you out.

I fixed it and you cant tell on the baffle at all and it sounds good. Thing is built really nice for the price. Metal handles. Quality of the wood isnt knotty and filled with filler. Ding is still there but I can live with it. Now Im getting a really good cab dirt cheap with free casters coming my way. Avatar is good peeps!!!!!

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

How would you rate it compared to other cabs you've had? Looks nice in the pics. I'm really thinking of offing the G-Flex for one of these bad boys.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":4fa69 said:
>|<>QBB<

Good enough reason, I am sure that they will help you out.

Dave got back with me and said it would be ok to open it, and they'd take care of any problem I had. The speaker wire had came disconnected, I fixed it without any trouble.

birtch? poplar? home depot plywood???? how does it sound ????

Back