Avatar Vintage 4x12 now with pics

• Thread starter Thread starter ejecta
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
gravfed":8462f said:
How would you rate it compared to other cabs you've had? Looks nice in the pics. I'm really thinking of offing the G-Flex for one of these bad boys.

Well its not a Bogner or a VHT but you know, new..... Im not sure those cabs are built or sound $600 better. My buddy had one of Avatar's older cabinets andI think these are made better. IMHO its a good cab for great deal. What I like about them too is at that price it leaves you alot of room to play with speakers.

>|<>QBB<
BURNTHISCORPSE":757ad said:
birtch? poplar? home depot plywood???? how does it sound ????

Looks like good ply wood. Sounds pretty good. The speakers make way more difference than wood. Thats said you cant make it out of crap wood either and expect it to sound its best.

>|<>QBB<
indespise":2562e said:
>|<>QBB<

Dave got back with me and said it would be ok to open it, and they'd take care of any problem I had. The speaker wire had came disconnected, I fixed it without any trouble.

Good news, glad it worked out for you!

I am thinking birch ply from the pics, real clean job they did on the inside. Seems like a great cab for the money.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":12ad6 said:
I am thinking birch ply from the pics, real clean job they did on the inside. Seems like a great cab for the money.

Yes, birch would be my guess but not sure so didnt want to say. Yes it was very clean. No ragged edges pn the wood, no saw dust sticking to glue, there wasnt any extra glue for that matter or over spray and the tolex is cut really clean. Seriously, not a bad cab at all and as a matter of fact it seems well built.

looks like a pretty solid cab man, definitely not bad for the price...glad they seem to have taken care of you as well

i bought the speakers that are in my splawn 2x12 from avatar (hellatones) and they were great to deal with

The cab looks great. Congrats on the good deal. I've purchases from Avatar at least 5 times and have always been very satisfied. I'm currently waiting on 2 more hellatone 30s to throw in my D412.

>|<>QBB<
ejecta":7ba38 said:
>|<>QBB<

Yes, birch would be my guess but not sure so didnt want to say. Yes it was very clean. No ragged edges pn the wood, no saw dust sticking to glue, there wasnt any extra glue for that matter or over spray and the tolex is cut really clean. Seriously, not a bad cab at all and as a matter of fact it seems well built.

Yeah, mine looked really clean on the inside as well. Give me a bit and I'll report back with how they hold up to lots of gigging, mine is going to be used mainly as a drum monitor.

>|<>QBB<
indespise":47ee3 said:
>|<>QBB<

Yeah, mine looked really clean on the inside as well. Give me a bit and I'll report back with how they hold up to lots of gigging, mine is going to be used mainly as a drum monitor.

Yeah please do!

Back