Awesome distortion pedals that you would actually use?

• Thread starter Thread starter veji
  • Start date Start date
rupe":3kc8789n said:
Just "rediscovered" my old (early 80's) RAT pedal...now I get why these are sought after (and reissued). I'm using it as an overdrive to boost solos but it's awesome as a straight up distortion peal as well.
:) I really like a RAT with a JCM800 ...

Are you talking about using a high gain distortion box through a clean amp? In that scenario, I've only used a couple that sound and feel like a real amp. The OCD had the real amp feel, but I didn't get along with the voicing. Lovepedal Eternity-more of an overdrive, but I use it live and it kills!

The Wampler stuff I've heard is definitely useable. Modified Metal Zone (seriously) is one of the best high gain pedals I've played. I have high hopes for the Bogner pedals.

fettodlx.jpg

Barber Dirty Bomb and Hermida Distortion come to mind. I really like both and have used both with good results in a band situation.

It is hard to find nice high gain pedals that don't have a fizzy top end.

I am interested in the Bogner pedals and the Kingsley Jouster. :)

The mxr dime distortion or the doubleshot distortion (top channel is the dime channel). Tons of headroom, and a mid switch. The treble knob needs to come down to 2 though or it will bite your head off.

The XTS Atomic Overdrive. EVH and more into a clean amp. Featured on many of Rackdoctor's YT vids-

atomic.jpg

i have a barber supersport is my fav, i also have a barber dirtybomb and its decent

Suhr Riot & Wampler Pinnace are winners. Just received a CMATmods Brownie today, but haven't even played it yet.

i asked about the suhr riot a few years ago and some people didnt like the lows on the riot.
i still havent tried one yet but i guess im gonna one of these days, i hate loose or muddy lows.

how does the suhr riot compare to the wampler pinnacle or brownie?

veji":27vd7wim said:
how does the suhr riot compare to the wampler pinnacle or brownie?

I watched these and went with the Brownie. I thought it sounded a little warmer and prefer the rolled off highs it has. My Brownie has plug in sockets for the transitors and came with a set of high gain and lower gain transistors so you can swap them around without soldering. i believe that is an option from CMATmods,not sure if they all have it. I plan on picking up the Pinnacle and the Ecstasy at some point, all of the Wampler pedals I heard sound great.

Back