Bargaining with Sweetwater

• Thread starter Thread starter Gitfiddler
  • Start date Start date
I used to get killer deals from Musicians Friend. I got a brand new Luke III for $1380 and an EVH 5153 Stealth with 15% off. Since 2015 the deals at MF dried up and I've not received any coupon offers since. I have bought from SW but I have tire kicked a few times and I know they remember it. Right now I'm trying to get an Epiphone EJ200 for my daughter and a Fender Elite Stratocaster for myself and I'm waiting to hear back from multiple retailers on the items. SW is my favorite because you can do more than 6 month financing and 24-36 month financing really helps. I hope to get this last sale and just stop gear shopping for awhile. It's not about the money.....it's about the fact that I spend more time chasing gear than I do playing now. It's sad.

Edit : Sweetwater wants me to call them but of course I'm in the cancer center today and my cell doesn't work worth a damn here. I hope Chris at SW has good news for me.

MF has an open box item that is highly discounted. I have asked for more information. I might get lucky there too.

When it comes to amps or guitars, I'll ask my Sweetwater rep for a break and he's usually able to assist with a nice little discount. On smaller stuff like pedals and whatnot, I just buy outright. He has a family to feed too so I don't like to take advantage of his ability to discount every purchase.

Back