Battling Lung Cancer and Receiving Blessings from Zakk Wylde

So cool.. how does Zakk like his guitars setup?
Not a super low action at all. Pretty similar to how I keep mine. I like to have a little bit of fight so I can dig in and it looks like he does as well.
8BB0CDF3-6D58-4925-8B0F-81F34B1A57AD.jpeg

He kept this guitar tuned to Eb and has 10’s on it. Either 10-46 or 10-52. He sent a bunch of packs of Dunlop strings with the guitar. I don’t know if that’s the strings he uses or he just has them from his Dunlop endorsement. I’m guessing he uses 11’s on the guitars for Black Label where he’s usually tuned down to C#.

If you follow Zakk on any of his social media pages he has a great sense of humor. He makes these little short videos that are hilarious. Sometimes he uses action figures as props. It cracks me up. So I wanted to make a little thank you video for him with the guitar and something that I though might give him a laugh. So below is the text I sent along with the video and his reply. Judging by his reply I think he got a laugh out of it.

D0470911-4F97-4E9A-995B-F6E5835B9A2B.jpeg

91C85A35-07E7-4B34-A12D-03CC1D4A9915.jpeg

Hey Todd - I was wondering why I hadn't seen any posts from you on the Fractal forum and other sites. Keep your spirits high and fight the good fight! You have a lot of people who are wishing the best for you.

Tommy

Stay strong brother and fight the good fight. Kick that fuckers ass! Zakk sure seems like a stand up guy. Hopefully that brought so positive light into your battle.

I'm sorry to hear about the cancer and will send up some prayer for you. Wishing you the best.

What an incredible gesture by Zakk. I don't know much about him but this says something about his character.

prayers for you bro. It can be beat!!! Had the C several years back. Just stay strong and positive!! Hell you got Zakk in your corner! That’s really cool you guys bonded.
Look forward to your next vids! Been a fan your band for years.

Keep rocking brother!!

Best wishes, Zakk is the man, but you're being the man as well, staying strong in such scenarios isn't easy, I hope you'll recover fast and rock that purple beauty.

prayers for you bro. It can be beat!!! Had the C several years back. Just stay strong and positive!! Hell you got Zakk in your corner! That’s really cool you guys bonded.
Look forward to your next vids! Been a fan your band for years.

Keep rocking brother!!
Thank you brother. Congrats on winning your battle. Definitely inspiring and thank you for sharing.

I will definitely check this out. Before the pandemic started I followed a Keto lifestyle with intermittent fasting but that kind of went to crap once Covid really got going. And while I was in chemo and radiation treatment I just made sure to eat whatever I could get down. But as I start getting stronger I’m going back to keto and intermittent fasting. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for sharing your story with us as I know how much energy that can take with the big C. I took care of both of my grandparents for different cancers and they are both survivors.

Cheers mate!

Back