Best Amp sims PC? any advice/opinions?

• Thread starter Thread starter veji
  • Start date Start date
Okay...been hacking away at the TSE x50, and even with ownhammer impulses, it sounds okay, but feels terrible. Doesn't really inspire me to play...that's for sure.

crwnedblasphemy":2qssgg49 said:
Okay...been hacking away at the TSE x50, and even with ownhammer impulses, it sounds okay, but feels terrible. Doesn't really inspire me to play...that's for sure.

I felt the same way, I could not get a single usable tone out of it, even with the catharsis cabs

veji":1f0th5p3 said:
which amp sims do you guys think is the best?

It depends what you are using it for and also depends on your IRs but for me it's the Lepou Le456 hands down. The Nick Crow 8505 and 7170 are also terrific.

Little bit of a thread revival.. been dicking around with cab impulses again to keep the volume down when not recording anything.

Been years since i was playing with VST plugins, who can point me in the direction of some nice ones with nice simple layouts and good interface vs. tons of sliders? For example, love me some delays with a few knobs. Easy, great sounding , fun.

I'd say the usual suspects are what i am after: delay, verb, chorus, EQ. Maybe a "tape" effect to make those digital recordings sound a tad less well... digital.

Back