Best clean on a high gainer ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Dyllheaven88
  • Start date Start date
Fender style cleans... any Rivera amp.

I actually find the clean channel on my EVH 5150 III Stealth 100 to be very good. If you like hyper 80s style cleans.

I know I'm in the minority but I thought my Grandmeister40 had good cleans.

Most bogners have a good to great clean if you know how to tweak it. Except my green uberschall, that one has a worthless clean channel.
My Caveman is somewhere in my top 5 cleans I've tried ever so far

1 - Gower Aldrich
2- Bogner XTC classic
3- Suhr OD100
* also the Cornford MKII

That said none of them do cleans like my TopHat Ambassador 35 or Bruno Cowtipper 35.

Of the amps I have owned which is a pretty fair amount I have to say the Mark VII and JP-2c are both great. I noticed a few mentioning the mark iii and while it can have a great clean it’s basically impossible to optimize both clean and lead; plus the mark iv gets a pretty similar clean. The reborn Recto has a pretty great clean channel I like it more than the RK and roadster. I also love the Tremoverb, the current one I have has one of my favorites ever. In fact it just sounds great overall, absolute top tier amp. A lot of amps have a great clean though like the 5150 iii series, the prs amps, the xtc, the Herbert, the vh-140c, the cobra, and the sig x. Its mostly personal taste

Back