Best ear plugs?

• Thread starter Thread starter 311splawndude
  • Start date Start date
311splawndude
311splawndude
OK. Need to hear everyones opinion on the best in-ear ear plugs. For Audio specifically. Loud amps. Maybe chainsaws. Up to $100 ea

1727592305784.png

Just don't shove 'em too far in or you'll need tools to get it out.

What do you want ?
Stuff that really protects the ear from loud or something that works with a band ?

It's really subjective. I have been using Hearos for over 40 years with the band's. The foam ones for construction sites.

I use EarPeace, but I’m gonna go get fitted for a set of Westones at the audiologists soon

I don’t know about the best but I use Eargasm for my general purpose music plugs. They kill off enough volume without neutering the sound. You can still enjoy the environment and clearly hear everything.

For doing work with a chainsaw you probably want a different type of plug that blocks more.

@stephen sawall - great question. Something that protects from volume but doesn't neuter sound. I had a pair of Heros once but lost them. Not in a band but act like I am
@Soundstorm - I am considering getting some fitted ones as well.
@MusicIsLife - I will check those out too.
@Spaceboy - yeah that's what I'm looking for in general, and the chainsaw thing was a bit of a joke. I have a 50 pack of plugs for that use.

Thanks all!

Etymotic Research ER20 High-Fidelity Earplugs

amazon. now $21.95. I use them with my 50W and 100W amps, no attenuator; and at the gun range (along with over-the-ear protection).

not the best perhaps, but the work great for me for the price. I already have tinnitus for decades.

My Eargasm plugs are pretty damn cool. They basically leave the tone intact and can be left in all the time. No more popping out plugs just to hear someone for a couple seconds and then struggle to pop it back in just right.

Cotton. How deep you put it in=smooth volume reduction with no weird attenuation like ear plugs usually exhibit.

Seriously, I’ve tried hearo’s and a few others, a simple cotton ball seems to be the best without altering sound

I recently ordered the Hearprotek branded ones for The Testament/Kreator show that was in Toronto. They worked great in taking away that harsh volume and highs without killing the sound. It was nice to go home ears NOT ringing.

They come in 2 sizes in the same pack.

Good luck

Hearprotek High Fidelity Concert Ear Plugs, Noise Reduction Music Earplugs-Hearing Protection for Musicians, DJ’s, Drummers, Percussion, Festival, Nightclub and Other Loud Events (Blue) https://a.co/d/9MIsvQU

Last edited:
If you have a FSA through a job you can use that money to get custom molds made. I went Sensaphonics and they are super comfortable.

I use Hearos but just ordered some Earpeace high fidelity ones. I need to be able to hear myself since I'm the guitar and vocals in my band. I want to be able to hear everything and just turned down.

Back