Best ear plugs?

• Thread starter Thread starter 311splawndude
  • Start date Start date
None -/ because it’s too late for me !! 40 years of impact wrenches and 55 years of rock music— too late !! Just get louder amps!!!
That’s what I thought but not that long ago I was in a dive waiting for the band I wanted to see and it must have been shitty punk night leading up to said band. Shouting full lung into mics, loud crap tone, etc. Dude next to me discreetly hands me a new pair of orange foam plugs and smiles. I was so relieved.

^
The last big show I went to was Pantera in Kansas City. I brought a pair of ear plugs, like I use with a chainsaw. The buddy I went with has tinnitus worse than I. 70% loss in one ear. He didn't have any protection so I gave him mine. He said I saved his night.

I'm going to compare/contrast all of these and make a decision soon. Thanks all!

I've found this sort of thing to be best bang-for-buck.

I generally get good attenuation without major losses in frequency balance. Makes gigs a pleasure:

301413ec-0fa9-4868-ba62-41545f71a28c_1.910715058d57b2d4d9b395732cf019ca-1014203189.jpeg

This one's available at Walmart apparently.

I used the good ol’ orange foam ones for ever so would probably just use them again. Every time I’ve tried anything with a set shape, I never get a good fit. It’s why I also don’t bother with any kind of ear buds and only use headphones for music.

Yeah, I really do love the foam ones.

Just twist 'em up into "sticks", insert them and they fluff back out, fitting perfectly-and-comfortably.

That’s what I thought but not that long ago I was in a dive waiting for the band I wanted to see and it must have been shitty punk night leading up to said band. Shouting full lung into mics, loud crap tone, etc. Dude next to me discreetly hands me a new pair of orange foam plugs and smiles. I was so relieved.
Now I completely get that!!! 😂

I've found this sort of thing to be best bang-for-buck.

I generally get good attenuation without major losses in frequency balance. Makes gigs a pleasure:

View attachment 351233

This one's available at Walmart apparently.

I have a bunch of those my man. That's what I normally use. Was looking for something that won't feel like it is going to pop out and something I can clean easily. Thanks for your reply tho bro.

I moved from Eargasm to Decibullz for the molded aspect. My primary application is driving race cars and I noticed that the combination of the eargasm with my helmet could lead to some reallllllly nasty buffeting when I would get a slight gap in the fitment that was basically worse than wearing nothing at all.

With the decibullz I bought two different sets to have different attenuation levels and have been pretty happy with them. Have used them on concerts and they are relatively even frequency response (bass still overpowering but not like the cheapy foam guys).

Back