Bogner Uberschall Original (serial #84) Tone Test

• Thread starter Thread starter saxxamafone
  • Start date Start date
saxxamafone
saxxamafone
Had some time yesterday so through together the little test below with some various settings and delay effects at the start.

Audio isn't processed at all (no eq, no low pass filter etc)

Hope everyone is well!

Sounds great. Almost reminds me of a dual rectifier a bit. It could use a little tightening up with a overdrive of some sort, but that's a minor complaint.

That first part with the delay/echo reminds me of some Devin Townsend riffage. Cool shit!

nice. i like the end the most with the mids and treble up
That’s a hell of a tone and setup too. I liked the raw attitude thanks for the jam :rock:
Awesome shit man !
That’s a hell of a tone and setup too. I liked the raw attitude thanks for the jam :rock:

Thanks so much guys! 🙏
I liked the end tone with the mids and treble up too... think that would cut nicely in a mix (i'll have to try that).

More videos to come 🍻

I hope the new uberschall reinhold is working on can get those OG uber tones.
I heard that the new Uber was maybe switchable between the OG and rev blue tones.

Alot of players love the OG/Rev Green Ubers so if Bogner just re-released that... they'd smash it out of the park!

Sounds great. Almost reminds me of a dual rectifier a bit. It could use a little tightening up with a overdrive of some sort, but that's a minor complaint.

That first part with the delay/echo reminds me of some Devin Townsend riffage. Cool shit!

Thanks mate! I can definitely hear that dual rec flavor coming through too.
It is a little saggy like you say but it still retains some attack at the same time... it's weird but cool at the same time haha.

I'll have to try with an overdrive one day to see what it does :)

Any comparison to Devin is amazing... the man is a god 😎

Had to check out the Achillies 4x12 since I never heard of them.
Interesting speaker baffle layout.
$1550 plus shipping from Australia.

Had to check out the Achillies 4x12 since I never heard of them.
Interesting speaker baffle layout.
$1550 plus shipping from Australia.
Labros is a one man show but does amazing work. Definitely on the Bogner/Mesa/Engl level in terms of quality.
I have the standard speaker layout in both of mine.
X pattern of old T75's and V30s.
Mine is a Typhon cab but built to regular 'Marshall size' rather than the oversize.

That sounds huge! Nice arsenal 👍

thanks mate 👍
I'll have to do some clips and A/B comparisons of all these amps.
Hopefully it will help someone who's looking to buy one of these down the track.

I heard that the new Uber was maybe switchable between the OG and rev blue tones.

Alot of players love the OG/Rev Green Ubers so if Bogner just re-released that... they'd smash it out of the park!
The problem is, most people would still say it wasn't as good as the originals. Bogner could start building the OG Uber again with the exact same parts, and it wouldn't matter. Some people would still say it was different and not as good for whatever silly, imaginary, made up reason.

The problem is, most people would still say it wasn't as good as the originals. Bogner could start building the OG Uber again with the exact same parts, and it wouldn't matter. Some people would still say it was different and not as good for whatever silly, imaginary, made up reason.

I can’t remember ever hearing a new version of an amp or pedal even sounds better than the previous ones, it’s like literally every amp company ever just said wow this sounds great, let’s change it for the worse

I can’t remember ever hearing a new version of an amp or pedal even sounds better than the previous ones, it’s like literally every amp company ever just said wow this sounds great, let’s change it for the worse
I actually prefer the XTC 20th to the prior iterations, but yeah the point is well taken

I actually prefer the XTC 20th to the prior iterations, but yeah the point is well taken

Yeah that might be one of the few I see people liking more, in general though it always seems like what zeegler said and people tend to hear what they want to hear. JHS pedals did a video comparing a bunch of “good version” sought after vintage pedals like the rat with the new versions and there was virtually no difference with any of them, even with different components. I assume companies, especially higher end ones like bogner make revisions thinking they are making a better product but who knows

Yeah that might be one of the few I see people liking more, in general though it always seems like what zeegler said and people tend to hear what they want to hear. JHS pedals did a video comparing a bunch of “good version” sought after vintage pedals like the rat with the new versions and there was virtually no difference with any of them, even with different components. I assume companies, especially higher end ones like bogner make revisions thinking they are making a better product but who knows
Yeah, saw that. Great video.

Apparently the new SLOs from B.A.D are supposed to be really good

Back