Bogner Uberschall Rev Green vs Uber Ultra

• Thread starter Thread starter MrWoodchuck
  • Start date Start date
As the manual for the UU states, cranking the density knob on the UU all the way clockwise gets it into Rev 2 territory. The UU is a bit more upper-mid focused with a tighter bottom end, and the Rev 2 is more scooped, sits more in the lower mids like most Bogner amps, and with a much fatter bottom end. They are both different amps for sounds that players were looking for in different eras.

To me, the UU was what the Twin Jet should’ve been—super tight, aggressive, articulate, and metal-focused. The Twin Jet I owned was tighter than my Rev 2, but still needed a boost to get there.

As the manual for the UU states, cranking the density knob on the UU all the way clockwise gets it into Rev 2 territory. The UU is a bit more upper-mid focused with a tighter bottom end, and the Rev 2 is more scooped, sits more in the lower mids like most Bogner amps, and with a much fatter bottom end. They are both different amps for sounds that players were looking for in different eras.

To me, the UU was what the Twin Jet should’ve been—super tight, aggressive, articulate, and metal-focused. The Twin Jet I owned was tighter than my Rev 2, but still needed a boost to get there.
I found cranking the density made the amp more closed and less close to my Ecstasy 101b or old Uberschall's. When I put the density to 0/10 it sounded more open to my ears, though I usually preferred density at 5/10 when recording with it.

I believe the morph knob is determining how much of that 3 way toggle you're getting. (Doom, tight, and whatever else it was)

I would also play around with that along with density full to try to cop the Rev 2 tones...it can get close imo but not 100%

Back