Brad Gillis with Ozzy . Brads time

• Thread starter Thread starter Techdeth
  • Start date Start date
I need to go back a read Rudy's book because I can't remember him mentioning his brother being "in the band" .. and I have read the Rudy supposedly "talked him out of going for the gig"

I need to go back a read Rudy's book because I can't remember him mentioning his brother being "in the band" .. and I have read the Rudy supposedly "talked him out of going for the gig"
He never actually got in the band .he got hired but they let him go before any shows

He never actually got in the band .he got hired but they let him go before any shows
yeah I know that, that's why I typed "in the band" .... I just need to find evidence that what he says in the video is actually true because there is a lot of stuff around the early Ozzy band that is said that doesn't add up (like Frankie Banali claiming he wrote the drum intro to Over the Mountain)

yeah I know that, that's why I typed "in the band" .... I just need to find evidence that what he says in the video is actually true because there is a lot of stuff around the early Ozzy band that is said that doesn't add up (like Frankie Banali claiming he wrote the drum intro to Over the Mountain)
He might have been hanging one day because hes in another band with Rudy . And say Tommy’s not there yet . And Frankie jumped and helped jam it for a bit . That’s normal

Saw Randy and Brad on guitar the two times the Diary tour rolled into town

CA514E0B-78F6-4437-B105-2DFAD7B6556C.jpeg
46AE6A04-5E4F-43D0-A7BB-ADA0E9AB567B.jpeg

He might have been hanging one day because hes in another band with Rudy . And say Tommy’s not there yet . And Frankie jumped and helped jam it for a bit . That’s normal
Diary was recorded long before Rudy was around and that was way before Quiet Riot reformed with Frankie and Rudy so that's not possible. Also given they had very little time to write and record Diary and the Lee was the drummer again no way Frankie wrote it ... Frankie implied it was right after Randy got the gig and was waiting to hear back from Ozzy ... now potential randy might have jammed with Frankie in that time and Randy may have played that riff and then Frankie thought of an intro for it, but given it didn't appear on Blizzard of Ozz then again I call bullshit from Mr Banali

Interesting that they recorded half with and without an audience.. Then OO rerecorded all the vocals.. Fucker. I feel cheated.. LOL
I played this record a lot BITD..

BG had that singing tone..

Nice, I linked the same video today. Honestly, Brad was the only guy willing to step in and had the songs down to do it but i thought his playing of the Ozzy stuff was weak. Sounds like Ozzy was trying to get rid of Brad. All lip service in the beginning and then probably just didn't like his lead playing and what he was doing to Randy's leads. They should just have paid Sykes. That would have been killer.

Speak Of The Devil is one of my all-time favorite albums and what really got me into metal and listening to Gillis' playing is what really inspired me to learn to play guitar.

The soundboard recordings from the 26th & 27th sets are up on YT - and interesting to compare the two nights' playing with each other. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath doesn't appear on either because it was recorded at soundcheck :

Interesting that they recorded half with and without an audience.. Then OO rerecorded all the vocals.. Fucker. I feel cheated.. LOL
I played this record a lot BITD..

BG had that singing tone..
Ozzy & Sharon, do what they do best. Cheat people out of $s.

Props to Gillis. He must have been a stone-cold mothertrucker on the Diary Tour having to face the RR freaks.

Ozzy & Sharon, do what they do best. Cheat people out of $s.

Props to Gillis. He must have been a stone-cold mothertrucker on the Diary Tour having to face the RR freaks.
I saw BG in an interview. He said he literally had to learn the whole Ozzy [at that time] catalog overnite and begin the tour.

Back