Brown Eye vs. HBE - if you could onlly have one...

• Thread starter Thread starter Pete Lacis
  • Start date Start date
lgehrig4":2jzxn193 said:
I was thinking of going with the just that. The BE/C45 with Sat/Fat switches. But then I was thinking for only $100 more I might as well add the HBE, especially if it's a differenent flavor of higher gain than the Sat switch.
Sounds like you have it figured out:) Due to the limited space in my head, Dave opted to not install the HBE. I am not at all disappointed since it sounds amazing now. The best thing is that its different enough from my Camerons that I can justify keeping them all. :rock:

Exactly my thoughts. The friedman amp is awesome yet different than the camerons I own also. I plan on keeping all of them. :yes: But I will say this, once I played the friedman modded marshall I got, it had SOO MUCH VERSATILITY in tones, I am content enough to stop buying anymore amps. I really feel like that if I cannot get what I need out of this amp dave modded with all the tones it produces, then I give up. If anything I can at most send Dave one more amp to mod and be done with the whole amp spending merry go round. who knows, maybe even score brownie points with the wife for saving money. :lol: :LOL: ;)

lgehrig4":12uhmnip said:
I was thinking of going with the just that. The BE/C45 with Sat/Fat switches. But then I was thinking for only $100 more I might as well add the HBE, especially if it's a differenent flavor of higher gain than the Sat switch.

if you CANT swing the extra $100 for all 3 mods,i'd go with the BE & HBE mods with SAT/FAT switches,myself.the C45 mod is a tweaked version of the BE and i feel that you definately get a GREATER difference/MORE tonal variety from the BE/HBE w/SAT switch "2-mod combo" than the BE/C45 w/SAT switch "combo"...just my 3 cents,though. ;) ALL mod tones are SWEET!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Money's not the issue. I just wanted to be clear on the differences between the HBE vs the BE s/ Sat. If they were similar I didn't see a reason to tamper with the amp more than necessary. I'm having this done to a Metroloulos 12000 series. Kitchen sink it is!

lgehrig4":mvqo43i3 said:
Money's not the issue. I just wanted to be clear on the differences between the HBE vs the BE s/ Sat. If they were similar I didn't see a reason to tamper with the amp more than necessary. I'm having this done to a Metroloulos 12000 series. Kitchen sink it is!

YES...there's a significant difference,in many respects,between the BE w/sat switch "activated" vs HBE tone...after hearing them,you'll see that's it's a great thing to have BOTH options ;)

lgehrig4":119t30pd said:

Let us know what you think once you get it back. Daves done plenty of work for me, and I've never been disappointed.

Back