Butterslax metal improv with new pedalboard (looper action)

• Thread starter Thread starter LunatiBSW
  • Start date Start date
LunatiBSW":10iywcew said:
firejack":10iywcew said:
Sounds pretty good, but the standard has been set for me with your Wizard tones. And it's very difficult to top that.
Nice guns btw. :thumbsup:

Haha, your need a wiz buddy, sounds like it’s up your alley.
Diff flavor the slax and wiz are.
You know what they say “suns out, guns out”
It’s like over 90 everyday in Texas now. I do workout a lot, and I’m also an elite/degree’d personal trainer, so I have to workout haha.
You lift?

Man, those Wizard sound clips haunt me. But to grab a Wizard down here is close to $10,000 AUD after import tax and shipping. Sucks a fat one!
Haha! Wow that's awesome. Certainly looks like you know your stuff. These days I just lift a little to stay fit for work. Had to sacrifice some bulk to be able to pass the department's new fitness testing which is more cardio based. I'm down to pushing 248lb on bench now. It's a little humiliating, but it's that or fail and be out of a job. Ha!

Nice melody, and you really had him find the bite in that amp!

swamptrashstompboxes":2footj7c said:
LunatiBSW":2footj7c said:
swamptrashstompboxes":2footj7c said:
Nice board and playing. Cheers!

Thanks much! It’s easy to get carried away with stomps and Fx I’ve realized.
I’ve learned simpler is better for my needs. It’s def been a work and evolution in progress.
It’s funny how some things play nice with some amps, and not others.

I tend to simplify, but I have six full completely independent rigs with their own pedalboards. Each rig stays that way and I only stomp maybe two different things.

You have a solid rig, that is for sure. Nice and quiet too. I need to get a good noise gate for normal playing. But e everything is on a power conditioner though so that helps a bit.

Cheers!

Honestly, the zuul is hands down the best I’ve tried.
I used to have the isp pro rack g and a few of the popular stomp gates.
The zuul is more transparent and works amazingly.
Well worth it’s price.
That’s awesome that you have 6 independent rigs with their own boards.
That would get pricey putting a zuul on each rig though.
The zuul is a little tricky, in that you have to feed the key input if you want it in the loop.
It also works great just out front, not feeding the key input. But it’s freaky quiet when you use it in the loop/key input.
I’ve noticed having a good power conditioner is a good tool as well.
Especially with how many thunderstorms we get in Texas, we just had a 3 day power outage, 2 weeks back. From a crazy microburst storm, that knocked down trees, all over my neighborhood, onto our power lines.

firejack":3lnxyr9n said:
LunatiBSW":3lnxyr9n said:
firejack":3lnxyr9n said:
Sounds pretty good, but the standard has been set for me with your Wizard tones. And it's very difficult to top that.
Nice guns btw. :thumbsup:

Haha, your need a wiz buddy, sounds like it’s up your alley.
Diff flavor the slax and wiz are.
You know what they say “suns out, guns out”
It’s like over 90 everyday in Texas now. I do workout a lot, and I’m also an elite/degree’d personal trainer, so I have to workout haha.
You lift?

Man, those Wizard sound clips haunt me. But to grab a Wizard down here is close to $10,000 AUD after import tax and shipping. Sucks a fat one!
Haha! Wow that's awesome. Certainly looks like you know your stuff. These days I just lift a little to stay fit for work. Had to sacrifice some bulk to be able to pass the department's new fitness testing which is more cardio based. I'm down to pushing 248lb on bench now. It's a little humiliating, but it's that or fail and be out of a job. Ha!

Damn, yeah that’s not worth it. It’s a cool amp and all, but that’s ridiculous how much extra you have to pay. I honestly have been favoring my fortin to the wiz. May be making some changes to the stable soon :doh:
When you say department, are you in the aus military? Or some other department for your line of work? Nothing wrong with any type of fitness. It’ll keep you alive longer.

misterspockyall":1gl7bd4c said:
Nice melody, and you really had him find the bite in that amp!

Thanks dude!
Yes, this slax is really fun to play. It has this feel to it that just makes you keep playing.
I needed that extra “bite” to push it over the top for me. It’s a special amp for sure, super inspiring.

LunatiBSW":2hbjgh5q said:
swamptrashstompboxes":2hbjgh5q said:
LunatiBSW":2hbjgh5q said:
swamptrashstompboxes":2hbjgh5q said:

I’ve learned simpler is better for my needs. It’s def been a work and evolution in progress.

I tend to simplify, but I have six full completely independent rigs with their own pedalboards. Each rig stays that way and I only stomp maybe two different things.

You have a solid rig, that is for sure. Nice and quiet too. I need to get a good noise gate for normal playing. But e everything is on a power conditioner though so that helps a bit.

Cheers!

Well worth it’s price.
The zuul is a little tricky, in that you have to feed the key input if you want it in the loop.
It also works great just out front, not feeding the key input. But it’s freaky quiet when you use it in the loop/key input.
Especially with how many thunderstorms we get in Texas, we just had a 3 day power outage, 2 weeks back. From a crazy microburst storm, that knocked down trees, all over my neighborhood, onto our power lines.

I will look into the Zuul a little more l definitely cannot afford to put one on each rig, but only three would need one, but still. I have power conditioners all over the place. Florida is the lightening capitol of the world other than the tropics/rain forest areas.

I will do some more research. I found schemetics for them. Maybe I will consider building some.

swamptrashstompboxes":2b0ufoza said:
LunatiBSW":2b0ufoza said:
LunatiBSW":2b0ufoza said:

Cheers!

Well worth it’s price.

I will look into the Zuul a little more l definitely cannot afford to put one on each rig, but only three would need one, but still. I have power conditioners all over the place. Florida is the lightening capitol of the world other than the tropics/rain forest areas.

I will do some more research. I found schemetics for them. Maybe I will consider building some.

That makes sense y’all get so much lightening. Must be al that humidity, relative to tropics/rain forests.
Shit, that should save some bucks. If I had the time and resources I’d build some too.

LunatiBSW":3u6ig1ty said:
swamptrashstompboxes":3u6ig1ty said:

Cheers!

Well worth it’s price.

That makes sense y’all get so much lightening. Must be al that humidity, relative to tropics/rain forests.
Shit, that should save some bucks. If I had the time and resources I’d build some too.

I can get the IC's and parts, but I don't know if I want to take the time and energy to do it. I build a lot of pedals, but fun ones, with experimental factors for entertainment and fun. I have never done anything to the scope of the Zuul to be completely honest. It's not to say that I can't, more just not what I do on a normal basis. I will consider it though.

swamptrashstompboxes":3c8ymq3w said:
LunatiBSW":3c8ymq3w said:
swamptrashstompboxes":3c8ymq3w said:

Cheers!

You guys with multiple amps and FX setups need to get an Ampete. I have two 444s and I can share the FX among 4 heads at once. With the Axe FX I can also run the Zuul in its loop. I just got the Axe and it may be overkill though. I previously was using an MPX1. The Ampete also has a line out so I can switch between FX loop or a W/D/W setup with the push of a button.

llj4yRth.jpg

mhenson42":wantfu1a said:
swamptrashstompboxes":wantfu1a said:
LunatiBSW":wantfu1a said:
swamptrashstompboxes":wantfu1a said:

Cheers!

You guys with multiple amps and FX setups need to get an Ampete. I have two 444s and I can share the FX among 4 heads at once. With the Axe FX I can also run the Zuul in its loop. I just got the Axe and it may be overkill though. I previously was using an MPX1. The Ampete also has a line out so I can switch between FX loop or a W/D/W setup with the push of a button.

llj4yRth.jpg

Damn :rawk: that is a badass rack Matt!
Do those expensinve furmans’ do a lot? In your opinion?
You using the axe just for Fx or gonna try some modeling ?

LunatiBSW":3cbmyxav said:
mhenson42":3cbmyxav said:
swamptrashstompboxes":3cbmyxav said:
LunatiBSW":3cbmyxav said:
swamptrashstompboxes":3cbmyxav said:

Cheers!

g]

Damn :rawk: that is a badass rack Matt!
Do those expensinve furmans’ do a lot? In your opinion.
You using the axe just for Fx or gonna try some modeling ?

Thanks Brandon! I think a voltage regulator is a must have. I have another one I use with the Fryettes too. Been using one for years and there is never any variation in my tone. Been thinking about adding a P1800PFR too, but not sure if it would be overkill. But then again my whole setup is extreme overkill. :lol: :LOL:

I have a pair of FRFR monitors on the other side of the room also hooked up with 50ft XLR cables to the Axe so I’ve messed around with the amp models using those and also amping with the Matrix through the cabs. It sounds good, not as good as a real amp though and I spend too much time tweaking. I guess if I want whisper level volumes, it’ll have a use. The Matrix is really for the W/D/W setup. Right now I’m not sure if the Axe is a long term keeper as just an FX unit. I love how easy it is to program though. I wish Fractal would release a single space FX unit. That’s what I really want.

LunatiBSW":3pnwdd96 said:
Damn, yeah that’s not worth it. It’s a cool amp and all, but that’s ridiculous how much extra you have to pay. I honestly have been favoring my fortin to the wiz. May be making some changes to the stable soon :doh:
When you say department, are you in the aus military? Or some other department for your line of work? Nothing wrong with any type of fitness. It’ll keep you alive longer.
Oh wow really? What is it about the Fortin that gives it the edge over the Wizard?
I work for Fire Rescue NSW. Yep fitness is definitely the key to maintaining good health.

I think I do good working out. Lol. I log a combined 30" minutes on weights and abs and do a three mile jog 5 days a week.

Back