Can You Guys Tell Me A Little About The Marshall JCM 2000 DSL?

• Thread starter Thread starter angelspade
  • Start date Start date
I liked the 50w better than the 100w for the jcm2000s, for some reason it just sounded a bit "Sweeter", even though i'm sure I wasn't getting a ton of power amp saturation
It’s not necessarily about pushing the power section as it is about the voltages throughout the amp that will affect how “sweet” it is.

Preferring the 50w to 100w Marshalls is definitely common. Both wattage denominations have their own kind of tone.

Haven't played it yet, I'm Sorry...This thing just plain killer to look at (in my opinion).

20240517_102753~3.jpg

1000011963.jpg

1000011962.jpg

Had the 100w back in the early 2000s and was using second gain channel, scooping mids, trying to get a Pittbull UL sound a la Helmet. The cleans on channel 1 were actually quite nice.

I get them as backline on fly dates, definitely usable Marshall tones. I use the Lead 1 mode as TheGreatGreen mentioned. I have an EP Boost hitting the front if needed and a Nobels ODR 1 but for what I do, the Lead 1 is all I need. They’re not as chewy or greasy like my MGL100.

That’s so cool it’s the silver series ! Don’t forget to use it with the vh4 . It’s an incredible tone
I'm gonna give that shot as soon as I get this Marshall dialed in....I'm sure it sounds insane.

Actually fairly surprised how positive the feedback is on this question. Assuming many of us are hard rock / metal guys here....Can I assume most of you are using a boost with the JCM2000?
It was my main amp for years…now I’m waiting for the replacement boards to be available again.

I love the amp and can’t wait till it’s repaired. I always used the OD1 red channel and boosted it for leads. I could also set the green channel to a good clean at the same time even with the shared EQ.

It’s got plenty of gain without a boost for almost all hard rock applications. It also might seem a tad smaller if compared to a modern amp with huge low end…but it sits perfect in a band mix where some of those others might be too bassy and loose.

Back