Castors

• Thread starter Thread starter Smash
  • Start date Start date
makes for some tight squeezes just carrying it out of the house.
If you're talking about doorways, what I've found works relatively well is to turn the cab sideways then tilt it towards you so the side of the cab is leaning on your thigh, then grab the handle on the far side of the cab, pull, and balance it on your thigh while hobbling through the door. Works with my carvin legacy 4x12 loaded with two EVM's (so basically four regular speakers).

Caster-wise, they get kinda annoying as they catch on stuff, hit things, make cabs harder to fit in cars, etc. If the cab has good handles on it I don't really mind carrying it, and if the ground is flat I just throw it on my skateboard and ride it over anyway.

If you're talking about doorways, what I've found works relatively well is to turn the cab sideways then tilt it towards you so the side of the cab is leaning on your thigh, then grab the handle on the far side of the cab, pull, and balance it on your thigh while hobbling through the door. Works with my carvin legacy 4x12 loaded with two EVM's (so basically four regular speakers).

Caster-wise, they get kinda annoying as they catch on stuff, hit things, make cabs harder to fit in cars, etc. If the cab has good handles on it I don't really mind carrying it, and if the ground is flat I just throw it on my skateboard and ride it over anyway.
That sounds fun. I wonder if i could do that, or of the damn thing pulls me on top of it.

From the time I worked in the oilfield til now, i have been picking up things others used a hoist for. I have never even gotten close to hurting my back, though everyone said I would.

I feel like a lot of people baby their back and then do some normal movement and fuck up their back. Idk
If you can deadlift 500 I figure your back ain't gonna be as fragile as when you can only lift 135. Probably same idea for general work like you mentioned.

For the cabs in my studio, I put them on top of Auralex Grammas. Combined with a hard surface, they slide pretty easily and sound great. It's easy for me to put the casters on if I'm taking the cab out, but in general I just leave them on the Grammas.

Back