Catalyst

Nice work.The lead seemed mixed kinda low to my ears, I wanted to hear more of your lead playing details.

Nice work.The lead seemed mixed kinda low to my ears, I wanted to hear more of your lead playing details.
The advice I got on that track was to keep the first 8 bars of the rhythm guitar exactly like I wanted it to sound - tone wise..

Then, when the lead guitar comes in, switch the rhythm guitars to double-tracked (two mono tracks, one panned left, the other right), then run the lead guitar right in the center as a stereo track.

Additionally, the guy told me to try pulling out all the 400Hz and 1,600Hz of the rhythm guitar track as soon as the lead comes in. While I see what he's doing there.. it does get the rhythm guitars "out of the way" and create a space for the lead guitar to sit in the mix, there's a jarring transition between that change after the opening riff.

But I think on my next track I'll still take his advice, but maybe dial back that wild disparity between the two EQ curves on the rhythm guitars.

The advice I got on that track was to keep the first 8 bars of the rhythm guitar exactly like I wanted it to sound - tone wise..

Then, when the lead guitar comes in, switch the rhythm guitars to double-tracked (two mono tracks, one panned left, the other right), then run the lead guitar right in the center as a stereo track.

Additionally, the guy told me to try pulling out all the 400Hz and 1,600Hz of the rhythm guitar track as soon as the lead comes in. While I see what he's doing there.. it does get the rhythm guitars "out of the way" and create a space for the lead guitar to sit in the mix, there's a jarring transition between that change after the opening riff.

But I think on my next track I'll still take his advice, but maybe dial back that wild disparity between the two EQ curves on the rhythm guitars.
I'll check it out!

Don’t think to much though go with it some

Back