Cerberus Guitar Co. Update & Pics

I love the body shape and the finish but you need to change the headstock and inlays. They both look out of lace to me anyway. Other than that it's damn hot man.

:|::QBB:
generalgrievous":5f980 said:
I love the body shape and the finish but you need to change the headstock and inlays. They both look out of lace to me anyway. Other than that it's damn hot man.

+1 on the dots, as well, it looks like a es 335 fretboard, on a horizon. i really hope the design comes together though; the neck-thru horizon-ish design is my absolute favorite. almost forgot, black hardware, also would make a difference. what are wings? mahogany?

tjon":0a094 said:

i think the knob is like that because it has a curved top and no recesses for the knobs

Nope, if that was the case, then the knob would be tilting downward, not upward. The pot shaft looks like it tilts downward a bit, but then the volume knob goes the other way. Weird.

I'm interested to see how these things play, but yeah, I agree with Pete...Something about them looks cheap. With the non- bound headstock and the plain dots and whatnot, it doesn't jell with me for some reason. I like the carved top SS style, but something about this doesn't look right. For me, a new bound headstock and no inlays at all would be better than this. Or, no binding on the neck and headstock. One or the other, not half and half.

tone-wise mahogany wings with a maple thru neck is right up my alley

i've already got a few like that...with another on the way

ah, i forgot about this.

If you want to keep the cost down, not having a compound radius board might help there... I know that wouldn't really be a factor in whether or not I'd buy a guitar or not.

Maybe this has been mentioned already, though.

looks great! im in the Floyd/EMG camp though. doesnt even have to be an OFR, as long as its a good quality Licensed (although i AM really digging the OFR on my Schecter...so smooth, so much flutter...yummy!)

im not big on the headstock, or the binding either...but everything else looks great! and if it wont break the bank, id have to say they are pretty affordable axes then. whats the neck profile like? really thin like an Ibanez? (yuck!) or a little more meat like a Jackson? (yay!) nut width?

mchn13":a5eb7 said:

+1 on the dots, as well, it looks like a es 335 fretboard, on a horizon. i really hope the design comes together though; the neck-thru horizon-ish design is my absolute favorite. almost forgot, black hardware, also would make a difference. what are wings? mahogany?

Mahogany wings.

nwright":838a6 said:

Nope, if that was the case, then the knob would be tilting downward, not upward. The pot shaft looks like it tilts downward a bit, but then the volume knob goes the other way. Weird.

I'm interested to see how these things play, but yeah, I agree with Pete...Something about them looks cheap. With the non- bound headstock and the plain dots and whatnot, it doesn't jell with me for some reason. I like the carved top SS style, but something about this doesn't look right. For me, a new bound headstock and no inlays at all would be better than this. Or, no binding on the neck and headstock. One or the other, not half and half.

Your talking to a guy who loves super strats with binding on the necks and plain bodies haha. What does everyone else think?

dave_mc":9eca7 said:
ah, i forgot about this.

If you want to keep the cost down, not having a compound radius board might help there... I know that wouldn't really be a factor in whether or not I'd buy a guitar or not.

Maybe this has been mentioned already, though.

What does everyone else think about this. I can shave quite a bit off the price without the compound radius.

Back