Creed in 2024

• Thread starter Thread starter RaceU4her
  • Start date Start date
It's one of those things where I'll sit have a beer and we can listen to 3 nickelback songs. That's it. And they better not be the gay ones because there's plenty of those to choose from as well.

That's where I'm at with nickelback.
🤣
Nickelback sucks. Yuck.

Stapp is the only reason for the hate. Those vocals combined with religious overtone lyrics coming from a complete junkie loser. Mark seems pretty cool.

it’s nice to see Colin Farrell’s stunt double from The Penguin getting out there and spreading his wings.

There are ALOT of worse things in modern music we have to bitch about other than creed returning and making music. I’m all for it. Not to mention, just rmemeber as much as people love to hate on them and bands from that era, Atleast guitar music was still on the radio and popular. I’d take back those times by far than what is popular on the radio today.
I wish it was that way but nah. If it’s shit guitar music, you’re still turning the dial to the classic rock station to hear Boston or ZZ Top again. Creed, Matchbox 20, Third Eye Blind and then on to all that Theory of a Dead Man type crap. It just put my, in dash, CD/mp3 player to work.

Last edited:
I wish it was that way but nah. If it’s shit guitar music, you’re still turning the dial to the classic rock station to hear Boston or ZZ Top again. Creed, Matchbox 20, Third Eye Blind and then on to all that Theory of a Dead Man type crap. It just put my in dash CD/mp3 player to work.

I get what you’re saying, but what im hinting at is, as far as mainstream music outside of country that you hear on the radio, guitar is a dying instrument.

I get what you’re saying, but what im hinting at is, as far as mainstream music outside of country that you hear on the radio, guitar is a dying instrument.
I’m not sure about that. Look at the ocean of shredding 8 year old kid videos there are on YouTube. We still have the yearly mega festivals that sell very well and it’s wall to wall rock and heavy guitar for 3-5 days. I’m not sure there’s any dance/ pop cruises or 4 day, mumble rap festivals? Maybe retro cruises for pop and new wave 80’s acts but they used a lot of guitar still. Guitar is just appearing elsewhere and being popular elsewhere. Just not currently on pop radio.

Just realized a mumble rap festival could never get insurance or finish it’s run as there would be a guaranteed shooting…lol

Last edited:
To me Stapp was one of several Eddie Vedder sound alikes for the most part. Every dude with a mic in his hands was singing that way in the late 90's and early 2000's. Still I'll take Creed over Pearl Jam anytime.

To me Stapp was one of several Eddie Vedder sound alikes for the most part. Every dude with a mic in his hands was singing that way in the late 90's and early 2000's. Still I'll take Creed over Pearl Jam anytime.
Me and @DanTravis62 love grunge.

Me and @DanTravis62 love grunge.
I never liked, and still don't like Nirvana or Pearl Jam. STP was easily the best mainstream alternative/grunge band. Those guys were the essence of what rock music should be, just my opinion. I also enjoyed AIC but not as much as STP at the time. Soundgarden and most of those other bands, no thanks. Id rather hear Creed but really all that stuff is forgettable to me.

I never liked, and still don't like Nirvana or Pearl Jam. STP was easily the best mainstream alternative/grunge band. Those guys were the essence of what rock music should be, just my opinion. I also enjoyed AIC but not as much as STP at the time. Soundgarden and most of those other bands, no thanks. Id rather hear Creed but really all that stuff is forgettable to me.
I cannot stand nirvana. But aic, stp, soundgarden all great for me. Dan actually hates grunge. But he does a good impresssion

Back when that record came out, it was 1 of the only heavy things on the radio..
Time flies..

I believe we called it “yarling”. Fucking hated it too. Women had their run of doing very hard r’s and now we have endless chicks doing a mix of Adele and Billy Eilish. What sucks is whatever new artist comes along you’re hoping to get a new approach or a new sound but nope…just another retread.

Back