Dave Friedman Introduces the All-New Friedman PLEX - In-Depth Review

• Thread starter Thread starter JohnnyGtar
  • Start date Start date
@DanTravis62

Hey DT62, I’ve never tried to be YouTube famous, so I guess I’ll throw out this video of a 50-year-old gray haired person talking to himself on an iPad. This is purely for your benefit, my man:

I’m in a thunderstorm right now so everything‘s turned off but I’ll try to make something up another day because I’m curious as well

@DanTravis62

Hey DT62, I’ve never tried to be YouTube famous, so I guess I’ll throw out this video of a 50-year-old gray haired person talking to himself on an iPad. This is purely for your benefit, my man:

KILLER!!! SUBBED

edit: also sounds great

I’ll just throw this one over here because I’m gonna stop posting on the other thread that I started earlier today:

If I was ambitious and I hope to be, I’m going to retrack some songs (spend time / take me) from the River Of Thorns album and I’ll put the SL 67 in one speaker and the Plex in the other. One of these days.

, just a "normally" placed 57 should be kosher

I like the Nielson demo, not going to watch the pete thorn demo lol
Geee............What's with all the Pete Thorn hate...............I guess people read his Facebook/Twitter rants....... huh!

Hey brother, I will look soon. My short little noodling video was through the OX. I recorded dry and added the lay on my fractal going into studio one
Thanks Corey I am just curious what preamp tubes he decided to go with for these. Your clip sounds very good as well. This PLEX is a good sounding amp for Dave and they all sound very consistent from amp to amp in all the different clips.

Geee............What's with all the Pete Thorn hate...............I guess people read his Facebook rants....... huh!

PT's social media is pure, cancerous cringe, for sure, and that's a part of it

But I also don't care for his playing or tone at all

Elevator-music youtube demo famous is now the standard for being a "professional" guitarist, and there's very little art in it, which makes me roll my eyes out of their sockets

I guess I just value the opinions of guitarists who actually write good music, exponentially more than guitarists who are famous because of who they know or because they can TOTALLY PLAY ALL OF DIVER DOWN, MAAAAAAN

Geee............What's with all the Pete Thorn hate...............I guess people read his Facebook rants....... huh!

I’ve met Pete, I think he’s a great guy. He was very cool to hang with when I met him at namm once.

To me he’s an inspiration because while I’m a working stiff and I get to buy a lot of toys, I haven’t allowed myself to pursue it since 97 after an Atlantic deal fell apart and left me somewhat jaded. Something about trying to pay a mortgage and be a good husband followed by raising kids. 🤷‍♂️

It takes a lot of work to build a channel and to film yourself, Edit yourself, all that bullshit while writing riffs all the time. I think I write as many riffs as he does, but there’s a dedication that he obviously has that I’m obviously missing!

Elevator-music youtube demo famous is now the standard for being a "professional" guitarist, and there's very little art in it, which makes me roll my eyes out of their sockets

I guess I just value the opinions of guitarists who actually write good music, exponentially more than guitarists who are famous because of who they know or because they can TOTALLY PLAY ALL OF DIVER DOWN, MAAAAAAN
Well, I haven’t logged into Facebook for 10 years, because I’m a conservative and I’m tired of all of the bullshit in the world. So I don’t know about his social media. I know he said that Elizabeth Warren has all the answers on a live stream once and I about Fell over that anybody thinks that vessel could have an answer for anything other than padding her fucking bank account with bribes like all of the slime balls up there do!

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. I’m pretty bipartisan and my disdain for the Uni party. That makes me popular and all circles, believe me. Mitt Romney, George Bush, Mitch McConnell they’re just as fucking disgusting as Elizabeth Warren and Barack Obama. Fuck all of them.

Pete strikes me a good dude as a guitar player and fellow amp geek, but I guess he spews alot of hateful venom in his political leanings.

Admit it Dan you just kept yelling "Look at me when I'm talking to you!" when you watched his videos.........

Well, I haven’t logged into Facebook for 10 years, because I’m a conservative and I’m tired of all of the bullshit in the world. So I don’t know about his social media. I know he said that Elizabeth Warren has all the answers on a live stream once and I about Fell over that anybody thinks that vessel could have an answer for anything other than padding her fucking bank account with bribes like all of the slime balls up there do!

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. I’m pretty bipartisan and my disdain for the Uni party. That makes me popular and all circles, believe me. Mitt Romney, George Bush, Mitch McConnell they’re just as fucking disgusting as Elizabeth Warren and Barack Obama. Fuck all of them.

Pete is super liberal but that's not the problem

He's literally UNHINGED on social media

The YouTube music realm is about the last place I can go where politics isn’t brought into everything, I hope it stays that way. Had no idea Pete was so politically vocal

I'll believe you guys! Let's get back to the PLEX before this turns into general off topic :) In the meantime check out my incoming China post in Gen

In the world of not crazy, the Plex sounds better than most of the other Friedman's IMO

Id have to play it in person to know for sure but it doesn't have that "already mixed and recorded" sound of the BE which is a good thing

Not having a loop isn't ideal, but I understand why - it might have been nice to have a line out though, just so you have some easy options for wet dry without a power station or ox or whatever

I do approve of the more stripped down approach though, that's one of those Friedman things that bugs me about the BE - lots of options, mostly useless besides the NFB and depth/presence. That sat switch is gross lol

My BE's both opened up and felt immediately better with Sat off. Though I'm a fully recovered Mesa user, so it was easy to get away from that!

I think the Corey James clips sound better than any of the usual suspects who all put out new product video's on the same day for every new product. Corey's are the only videos where I am hearing the aggression and meanness that I expected to hear in this amp. The PT video, since the guy is a Van Halen nut and starts the video playing a vintage Ibanez Destroyer I expected to hear some tones in that vein but his demo wasn't even close to his 19 or so other videos where he got better brown sounds. It just sounds like every other decent sounding old Marshall Super Lead and does not sound like the magic Marshall at all.

TBH, all the usual suspects video's took away all excitement I had for this new amp but Corey's are causing me to re-think it.

^Yeah pretty much this for me too.

And for all you guys not into PT, you could actually listen to his demo for a little schadenfreude. It sounds like shit. I was surprised. I don't do social so I have no idea about his political views (as it should be).

Back