Dave Grohl?

• Thread starter Thread starter dcburn
  • Start date Start date
First and 2nd albums were great rock records.
After that it just became typical brainless FM fodder.

Dave Grohl has made a great career out of appearing on countless rock docs and saying every band from the 70's is his "biggest musical influence ever".

"Rupert Holmes? Oh man, he was my biggest influence...when the Pina Colada song came out, we all went down to Underground Punk HQ Concert Venue and he totally changed all of our lives, man!"

Dave Grohl has made a great career out of appearing on countless rock docs and saying every band from the 70's is his "biggest musical influence ever".

"Rupert Holmes? Oh man, he was my biggest influence...when the Pina Colada song came out, we all went down to Underground Punk HQ Concert Venue and he totally changed all of our lives, man!"
That could all be gone in a day.

Anything can.

🥫

I was in a hard rock band when "Smells like teen spirit" was released. We thought it was a great rock album. We learned Teen Spirit it because it's a great song. I like Nirvana but most Grunge tunes bore the shit out of me. Alice in Chains music isn't Grunge to my ears. To me they're a kickass metal band who could also write gems like "No excuses".

As far as Dave Grohl goes, so he fucked up. It happens. I hope he and his family can weather this storm.

Dave Grohl?​

Dave's not here man.

Daves-Not-Here-Man-Cheech-Chong-quote-266099709.jpg

Sound garden and AIC were hard rock bands, that happened around the same time, and in the same area as the other bands that sucked. Nothing about either of their sounds is even close to the garbage that was put out at the time
Yeah I was seeing the Man in the Box video way before the grunge term.

Never heard of ‘em.
The fictional grunge band from the movie Singles.
It was a goof answer to your comment about other grunge bands putting out garbage...

I had to explain though, lost any humor it may have had.

The fictional grunge band from the movie Singles.
It was a goof answer to your comment about other grunge bands putting out garbage...

I had to explain though, lost any humor it may have had.
Sorry about that.

Back