Def Leppard 40th Anniversary - Sweetwater Contest

• Thread starter Thread starter Corey James
  • Start date Start date
Corey James
Corey James
Greetings everyone! I've had my head down buried in work - though I've finally created time to participate in a recording session with my oldest friend and singer from River of Thorns.

We're late to the party in the 11th hour of this contest, though we made it in with a day or two to spare.

Check out the medley we wrote, and if you dig this - PLEASE spread it far and wide. I'm not active at all on social media though I'd be stoked to be in competition for this thing.

Have at it! Hope you dig this:

Thanks fellas! I appreciate it. Contest ends Friday.

We recorded everything a couple weekends ago and I hadn't had time to put it together, finalize mixes and videos. Kevin helped a lot on mixing vocals and final input, he really killed it on his end.

I haven't done a video in 12 years, very rookie effort and a time sink though it was fun. I'm stoked with the final product though.

Please help generate a little traffic on this thing for the next 48, I have no idea how they select stuff to show the band, but I can't imagine Joe and the chaps are sitting around looking at amateurs on youtube. We uploaded so late in the game, I'm hopeful it doesn't get overlooked :)

Thanks JT!

Believe it or not I used the AXE FX for this one. We started with the Phil Coleen preset from the xmas gift of tone thing and just kept going with it.

I tried the dirty shirley on the intros and got a good result though the tone we settled on sat better for the song and I just ran out of time to screw with it more. Very happy with the result though!

There's a 12-string buried in the background of the medley, that's the only addition.

Hey, thank you so much, I really appreciate it. We’re still trying to generate traffic for 24 hours so if anybody feels up to clicking like on the YouTube video or leaving a comment, I would be very grateful.

I’m so happy with the result, my friends lit the room on fire 🤙🏽

We had a couple friends ask where the medley is! Quick explanation and references ahead.

After the solo we composed a version of Gods of War (Hysteria) and did a throwback to the chorus of Mirror Mirror (High n Dry). References here if you want to dig into old school, killer Leppard.

Referencing these sections and tying it together with the HEAVEN moment just felt like a natural progression.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Back