Depressed, inspired, and heartbroken.

• Thread starter Thread starter ElectricVoodoo
  • Start date Start date
ElectricVoodoo
ElectricVoodoo
Crushed as we all are over Ed's passing , and my stratocaster was fighting me big time when I was making this video today. I've always struggled with guitar playing and was always in awe at how easy it came to some. A piece of my childhood is gone and as I am about to turn 50 this weekend, I see life just going by, sometimes it freaks me out and when things like this happen, its a real gut punch.

Like everyone else, I'm just devastated.
?????????.

Hey man it`s life and it goes by quick, rock on and enjoy.

Hang in there, cheer up and happy birthday, man! :cheers2:

Good tone. :rock:

I think as younger humans we just feel like our hero’s will live forever and don’t think much more. Then eventually the reality of time passed catches up and we are reminded of just how short our spin on this rock is. The loss of EVH has most certainly put a lot of in a sad state. But we need to try and appreciate everything he meant to us and just keep playing!
OP have a great birthday this weekend and welcome to the half century club!
Nice playing as well!

What's there to be bummed-out about? Ed had a great run! His is music will live forever, or at least until rock music is deemed "racist" and all recordings destroyed. I'm actually happy for him, as he is no longer suffering from illness.

Findthetone1":3051swx1 said:
I think as younger humans we just feel like our hero’s will live forever and don’t think much more. Then eventually the reality of time passed catches up and we are reminded of just how short our spin on this rock is.
Testify, brother. :yes:

I agree; when the reality of life kicks us in the gut by the death of someone we care about, it really effects everything about our own lives. But at least we have the memories of them, and in EVH's case we have a ton of music/interviews to reminisce on..and the fact that many of us owe a debt of gratitude towards him for inspiring us.

Nice playing OP! And, LOVE the worn strat!
:rock:

Thank you all for the input :thumbsup:
I think its time for me to enter the next phase of life as a little less sarcastic and a little more considerate of people.
That aside, life is good eh?

The strat is a 2007 Hwy 1, and the only thing original parts are the body wood and the input jack.
Last week i ordered graphtech string trees and they make a world of difference. Zero string catching and 100% tuning improvement. Best $13 I've spent ;)

Again.. Thank you
:rock:

Hang in there and Happy Birthday!!
It really sucks, but this too shall pass.

stanz":3b3dhr2h said:
What's there to be bummed-out about? Ed had a great run! His is music will live forever, or at least until rock music is deemed "racist" and all recordings destroyed. I'm actually happy for him, as he is no longer suffering from illness.

I don't get it either..I mean none of us knew the real person, only the image we created in our own head. For sure you take a moment and reflect and you feel sad for his family, what he meant to you as a musician and the rock world, but I see it more as a celebration of his legacy and catalogue of music more than anything now. Like a great composer, his art will live on and inspire. Whether it was now or at 90, nothing changes what he gave to the world. Everyone grieves differently though so I can respect that, but don't dwell on it, VH was party music after all! He also was like a cat with 9 lives.. lived a hard life but was able to battle back numerous times until the inevitable. Not many people survive that. (Keith Richards genes) I'm still going to crank VH loud when it comes on the radio and have a big smile on my face.

Holy shit rip. This is the first I'm hearing about it. What a huge loss. I love VH but being born in 1980 it was slightly before my time. But wow what an incredible act. Completely revolutionized guitar playing as everyone knew it. There will never be another guitarist to bring what he did.

Kapo_Polenton":2q9u3h3q said:
stanz":2q9u3h3q said:

I don't get it either..I mean none of us knew the real person, only the image we created in our own head. For sure you take a moment and reflect and you feel sad for his family, what he meant to you as a musician and the rock world, but I see it more as a celebration of his legacy and catalogue of music more than anything now. Like a great composer, his art will live on and inspire. Whether it was now or at 90, nothing changes what he gave to the world. Everyone grieves differently though so I can respect that, but don't dwell on it, VH was party music after all! He also was like a cat with 9 lives.. lived a hard life but was able to battle back numerous times until the inevitable. Not many people survive that. (Keith Richards genes) I'm still going to crank VH loud when it comes on the radio and have a big smile on my face.

I guess because I've been a fan since 82 when I was 12 yrs old, so it's been most of my life as I'll be 50 in 3 days. As a teen, young adult, and middle aged adult, he's been my inspiration. Its gotta be something more. I'm most likely dealing with my own life and having a reality check, so in essence it's not just about EVH, although I'm gutted over it, there's more to it. Just my dealing process I guess. Trust me, most of the time, I'm the guy saying fuck off, stop bitching etc...
I dont want to be that guy any longer.
Anyway. ..Cheers !

Life is short, and we were so lucky to have ever been born in the first place. You have to maximize your enjoyment and pleasure. Life is too short to stress and feel down. It’s hard at times to pull out of a funk, but we always do.

ElectricVoodoo":13gnorzy said:
Kapo_Polenton":13gnorzy said:
stanz":13gnorzy said:

I guess because I've been a fan since 82 when I was 12 yrs old, so it's been most of my life as I'll be 50 in 3 days. As a teen, young adult, and middle aged adult, he's been my inspiration. Its gotta be something more. I'm most likely dealing with my own life and having a reality check, so in essence it's not just about EVH, although I'm gutted over it, there's more to it. Just my dealing process I guess. Trust me, most of the time, I'm the guy saying fuck off, stop bitching etc...
Anyway. ..Cheers !

No shame in any of that my friend! In fact this year has been an odd one and I think a lot of the passings including this one have really made me think about my own mortality as well. It can be depressing indeed. I am 43 with two kids under 5, I'm def. hollywood dad age and I know I won't be around as long as a lot of other dad's will be in their kid's lives. I just hope I can get a good run in. I think feeling down or sad about things is an essential part of life. Wouldn't be as valuable if everything came to easy and if we all lived forever would it now... including our pets, there would be far too much dog shit around if that were the case! :thumbsup:

Kapo_Polenton":3695g373 said:
ElectricVoodoo":3695g373 said:
Kapo_Polenton":3695g373 said:
stanz":3695g373 said:

Anyway. ..Cheers !

No shame in any of that my friend! In fact this year has been an odd one and I think a lot of the passings including this one have really made me think about my own mortality as well. It can be depressing indeed. I am 43 with two kids under 5, I'm def. hollywood dad age and I know I won't be around as long as a lot of other dad's will be in their kid's lives. I just hope I can get a good run in. I think feeling down or sad about things is an essential part of life. Wouldn't be as valuable if everything came to easy and if we all lived forever would it now... including our pets, there would be far too much dog shit around if that were the case! :thumbsup:

I'm 43 with a 5mo old. Hollywood Dad age is now 55 and up. :yes:

Just look at Nikki Sixx. His latest daughter will be lucky to hit 15 yrs old with him still here. Sixx is the epitome of living a hard life

ElectricVoodoo":ltpg3ov3 said:
Crushed as we all are over Ed's passing , and my stratocaster was fighting me big time when I was making this video today. I've always struggled with guitar playing and was always in awe at how easy it came to some. A piece of my childhood is gone and as I am about to turn 50 this weekend, I see life just going by, sometimes it freaks me out and when things like this happen, its a real gut punch.

Like everyone else, I'm just devastated.
?????????.

i turned 49 monday and i know exactly what your saying.

Fordman65":kqqgpboy said:
Kapo_Polenton":kqqgpboy said:
ElectricVoodoo":kqqgpboy said:
Kapo_Polenton":kqqgpboy said:
stanz":kqqgpboy said:

Anyway. ..Cheers !

I'm 43 with a 5mo old. Hollywood Dad age is now 55 and up. :yes:

Just look at Nikki Sixx. His latest daughter will be lucky to hit 15 yrs old with him still here. Sixx is the epitome of living a hard life

Nice! 2.5 yr old and 4 months at my end... girls. All I can do is hope they never catch the rock star bug or whatever the hell it will be by the time they are 16!

Dude, I just turned 50 five months ago and EVH is my absolute guitar hero so get where you are coming from.

The best thing about getting older is you hit that milestone and really want to suck the marrow out of life! I've never felt better and appreciate things so much more. Keep playing, having a good drink, etc. and enjoy life!

EVH gave us some awesome music. I miss the dude already but so glad to have those awesome memories!

Back