Depressed, inspired, and heartbroken.

• Thread starter Thread starter ElectricVoodoo
  • Start date Start date
romanianreaper":3kyaghw4 said:
Dude, I just turned 50 five months ago and EVH is my absolute guitar hero so get where you are coming from.

The best thing about getting older is you hit that milestone and really want to suck the marrow out of life! I've never felt better and appreciate things so much more. Keep playing, having a good drink, etc. and enjoy life!

EVH gave us some awesome music. I miss the dude already but so glad to have those awesome memories!

Absolutely!!

I enjoyed your video man. Top Jimmy has such a cool swing to it and different vibe than his other songs.

It is still sinking in for me. I grabbed all of my VH CDs as I head to my cabin to do a little reflection. I guess the good news in all of this is that we knew this day was coming as it seemed pretty obvious that his health was taking a turn for the worse so it is not a complete shock. A little too soon none the less.

Thanks bro !!!!!!!
I'll be blasting EVH all weekend for sure!

53 here, and bummed, not a big deal after getting over the 50# (seems like 35 was harder-close to 40). Ed had cancer for how long? And he toured after. What a talent, been butchering VH as much as I did when I went to the reunion show, need to practice more.

Monkey Man":37ysts95 said:
Findthetone1":37ysts95 said:
I think as younger humans we just feel like our hero’s will live forever and don’t think much more. Then eventually the reality of time passed catches up and we are reminded of just how short our spin on this rock is.

Amen, brother. 52 and feeling it lol. Feels like a big piece of my youth is gone. One of my favorite players and listening to VH always made me smile. :rock:

Hmm... 53 here too. We sure have a lot of late-forties -> mid-fifties dudes here. Vintage cock rockers. :lol: :LOL:

Happy birthday for last Monday, Steve. :thumbsup:

52 here as well. I think many of us that grew up through the 80s really were hit hard by this one. I mean, EVH really inspired so many to play and just love electric guitar.

It is a moment that we will not forget.

Sounds great man! It's been a really tough week for sure.

Back