Desert island metal albums

High On Fire - Death Is This Communion
Forbidden - Twisted Into Form
Slayer - Reign In Blood
Metallica - Master Of Puppets
Megadeth - Peace Sells But Who's Buying

Last edited:
Pick 5. This is to get me some shit to check out.

Pantera Official Live (had the tape in highschool and played it til it broke; so more nostalgia than saying it is better than their real albums)

Dismember Massive Killing Capacity

Tomb mold Planetary Clairvoyance

Mortician
Zombie Apocalypse

Gatecreeper Deserted
Rust in Peace
AJFA
BLS Sonic Brew
Prong Cleansing
Lataralus

If we're talking albums I could listen to over and over forever, the only 2 would be..
Pantera- The great southern trendkill
Steel Panther- Feel the Steel.

just for starters......though I prefer Dan's idea of splitting genres

That's exactly why I did it, the only 5 only really works if you're basically a casual metal fan that mostly listens to other stuff

People who actually listen to metal know you can't actually compare master of puppets to slaughter of the soul or altars of madness to imaginations from the other side because that's more genre preference than band preference

My picks would be:

Rust in Peace - Megadeth
Cowboys from Hell - Pantera
Chaos AD - Sepultura
The Sound of Perseverance - Death
Divine Intervention - Slayer

That's exactly why I did it, the only 5 only really works if you're basically a casual metal fan that mostly listens to other stuff

People who actually listen to metal know you can't actually compare master of puppets to slaughter of the soul or altars of madness to imaginations from the other side because that's more genre preference than band preference
I didn’t take this as a roundtable discussion on how to make choices, I’ve listened to and still do listen to quite the spectrum, but I go back to the same albums which I listed.

To each their own, there’s just too many good choices, and eventually I gotta make a few specifically.

Black Sabbath Master of Reality
Deep Purple Machine Head
Scorpions Tokyo Tapes
Yngwie Malmsteen Marching Out
Iron Maiden Killers

I didn’t take this as a roundtable discussion on how to make choices, I’ve listened to and still do listen to quite the spectrum, but I go back to the same albums which I listed.

To each their own, there’s just too many good choices, and eventually I gotta make a few specifically.

I wasn't implying that it's a terrible thing to be a casual fan or whatever

what I'm saying is that the choices are going to be lame with a list of only 5 on the whole

because 90% of people are gonna be like "EVH I, BLACK SABBATH PARANOID, BLACK ALBUM, MESHUGGAH DESTROY ERASE, PANTERRIBLE VULGAR"

And everyone's already heard that bullshit

I wasn't implying that it's a terrible thing to be a casual fan or whatever

what I'm saying is that the choices are going to be lame with a list of only 5 on the whole

because 90% of people are gonna be like "EVH I, BLACK SABBATH PARANOID, BLACK ALBUM, MESHUGGAH DESTROY ERASE, PANTERRIBLE VULGAR"

And everyone's already heard that bullshit
I get it, but I didn’t think you implied any of that and I’m by no means a casual fan. The metal site I frequented and wrote for is long since gone, and never for a moment thought this’d be the place to discuss metal when I joined.

Back