• Diezel Herbert 3

• Mesa Triple Multi-Watt

• Bogner Uber Ultra

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sounds good buddy.

Does sound processed through an IR.
Are they micd cabs or sent to an IR?

Always liked those XTC amps, it's on my closet bucket list still. 🤣
Yeah using the Suhr reactive Load with Ownhammer Mesa 4x12 IR. I have mics for the cabs but end up with better tones with IRs and simpler for my office. XTC 101b is great.

I liked the Herbert most of those 3. The UU clip has the qualities I remember not liking about mine. While it works very well functionally in the mix, I just don't like its sound. Very clinical/filtered and the notes have this washed out quality to them
I had the same exact feeling. Something about the UU sounded filtered, but also ready for a mix. It sounds the most EQd in my mixes on these 3, even though I am adding zero EQ or post processing. I ended up trading it for a Helios Eclipse.

Yeah using the Suhr reactive Load with Ownhammer Mesa 4x12 IR. I have mics for the cabs but end up with better tones with IRs and simpler for my office. XTC 101b is great.

I really like your ecstacy clips. But honestly that Helios sounds like the perfect modded marshall these days... how do you feel about that? It definitely sounds better than the Uber Ultra!

I really like your ecstacy clips. But honestly that Helios sounds like the perfect modded marshall these days... how do you feel about that? It definitely sounds better than the Uber Ultra!
I just traded my Uber Ultra in for that Helios Eclipse and it's unreal. I actually like it even for tight metal more than the Uber Ultra. It has a lot of versatility with the HOT/80s/Eclipse+ modes. I still would like to try an older Uberschall at some point.

I just traded my Uber Ultra in for that Helios Eclipse and it's unreal. I actually like it even for tight metal more than the Uber Ultra. It has a lot of versatility with the HOT/80s/Eclipse+ modes. I still would like to try an older Uberschall at some point.

I cant blame you... the helios sounds like the ubers ultras old farm strong Daddy in the clips.

It comes stock with all the modes?

I had the same exact feeling. Something about the UU sounded filtered, but also ready for a mix. It sounds the most EQd in my mixes on these 3, even though I am adding zero EQ or post processing. I ended up trading it for a Helios Eclipse.
Agreed. A lot guys care so much about an amp being just right in the mix without effort and I totally get that, but if it’s a not great tone that functionally sit perfectly in a mix then who cares. I’d much rather have an inherently great sound and put in whatever work is needed to get it where it needs to be in the mix, not that all great sounds have trouble in a mix ready anyway

Last edited:
I would have to strongly disagree if we’re talking Rev C, D or Triple F, but agree if compared to others like the clips here with a G. And also strictly talking about the orange channel. If we’re taking red I may agree
They are cool of course

It really is! It’s a great amp. I used to have one. Nothing like the Uber Ultra. Not even apples vs oranges. Maybe apples vs chicken lol. It’s one of the few non-vintage amps I’ve played that has some of that raw, organic quality of vintage amps and juicy midrange growl like a late ‘70’s JMP2203/4. I don’t get how it got underrated somehow. The only real complaint I and some have is it’s not the biggest sounding amp and you’ll especially notice that vs your Herbert, but the tone and feel itself is very good

Last edited:
I have no complaint about volume with Helios but it has very different swell than most amps. It is about 97dB at the half of the volume pot and it rise quite significantly about 2-3 o'clock, opposite of for example 2204 where it all happen 1-4 and the it became second gain knob :) This is apply for 100W Helios, Eclipse version was quite the let down. It lost a lot of the the midrange growl in trade for higher gain.

I have no complaint about volume with Helios but it has very different swell than most amps. It is about 97dB at the half of the volume pot and it rise quite significantly about 2-3 o'clock, opposite of for example 2204 where it all happen 1-4 and the it became second gain knob :) This is apply for 100W Helios, Eclipse version was quite the let down. It lost a lot of the the midrange growl in trade for higher gain.
I feel like the Helios Eclipse mid range is still brutal. This was with Channel 3 Eclipse+ mode and it's fire breather. Omega Cab with V30/DV77 is helpful also:

Back