DINO JM 801 TUBE AMP by LARRY

• Thread starter Thread starter novosibir
  • Start date Start date
novosibir
novosibir
Last week one of my very first kids came back home to daddy Larry from a customer in Denmark for an upgrade and tube replacement.

That was also an emotionally moving moment for me because it was definitely my first 3-channel Marshall rebuild with FX loop ever:

IMG_9228.jpeg

Additional I would like to take this opportunity to introduce my new Lady 😍 to my beloved, frustrated envious and haters. Those affected know that they are meant.

94a551d0-0589-49f6-a090-dce992faef3c.jpeg

She is sweet 19 years young and has considerable technical skills. So 2 months ago she gave up her day job and moved in with me in order to help me shorten my delivery times in the future.

But she is much more than that... apart from some personal qualities with which she makes me very happy privately but which I don't want to detail here, she has impressive cooking skills - and yes, she is actually one of the best cooks I have ever experienced in my life.

IMG_9079.jpeg

You can see that I'm not only doing very well physically but also mentally and that's a guarantee that only physically and mentally healthy amps will come from me :D

So come on my envious and haters, now you can get started with your caustic comments! Let your imagination run wild and don't mince words! 😂 :cool:

Ok, back to the amp - although I started modding Marshall and Fender amps in 1984 and also rebuilt Marshall amps to single channel and 2-channel amps during my time as a designer at Kitty Hawk from 1988 to 1991, this amp was actually my first ever 3-channel amp rebuild and should actually go to the Larry Museum instead of back to the customer 😅

In the chassis you can see when I finished this rebuild:

IMG_9233x.jpg

That was at that time when guitarists could never have enough gain and the Crunch channel was already a Lead channel, the Lead channel (here Lead 2) was an UltraLead channel and which I designed at the time still with 5 gain stages 🤦‍♂️

Here's still the other not so interesting side of the circuit:

IMG_9234.jpeg

Then onto my workbench with the baby:

IMG_9253x.jpg

So the upgrade is finished and at first glance it looks like it's the same as before...
... but upon closer inspection you can see that numerous component values are different, component positions have changed and, in particular, the wiring is completely different.
The Crunch channel has now been reduced from 4 to 3 gain stages, the Lead channel from 5 gain stages to 4 - but without noticeably losing any gain.
Both channels have only lost remarkable noise and background hiss, but they have gained significantly in terms of dynamics and transparency and the channels now are done like I've been doing this since 1995.

IMG_9273x.jpg

IMG_9274.jpeg

Since the customer didn't want to pay the high costs for NOS glass, I implanted him the best sounding tubes what you can currently buy from ongoing production:

- a set of 5 spot selected TungSol Reissue 12AX7's
- a matched quad TungSol Reissue EL34's

And even with these non NOS, the amp simply sounds absolutely great and convincing.
I was surprised myself at how low the amp's background noise is now, even though it doesn't have the stabilized DC heater supply for the preamp tubes, as is found in my current amp models.

IMG_9271.jpeg

Well, now the baby is well packed waiting for pick up by UPS on Monday 😊

IMG_9276x.jpg

😊😊😊😊😊

Well. The amp looks great. The girl looks pretty great too. Congrats

Cool to watch your own personal history from the inception to re-making it again. Btw I love my Larry. Not sure when mine was made though.

Larry is back ! Fuck ya ! It’s been awhile ! Nice amp and girl bro.Just both beautiful . When I get my PMM in September I hope it gets me a girl like that!

Cool to watch your own personal history from the inception to re-making it again. Btw I love my Larry. Not sure when mine was made though.
Your amp rebuild to DINO JM 731 was finished on Jul 24th 2006 and updated 1st time on Aug 26th 2010
The 2nd update was accomplished just before I've shipped the amp to you.

Larry is back ! Fuck ya ! It’s been awhile ! Nice amp and girl bro.Just both beautiful . When I get my PMM in September I hope it gets me a girl like that!
There is still a second Lady who is very close to my heart and visits me 3 to 4 times a week.

I can ask her if she would like to settle to you to the USA, as an accompaniment to your PMM, so to speak

IMG_9126.jpeg

There is still a second Lady who is very close to my heart and visits me 3 to 4 times a week.

I can ask her if she would like to settle to you to the USA, as an accompaniment to your PMM, so to speak

View attachment 313602
But I don't think so, because she not only gets along very well with me, but also with my First Lady:

IMG_8992.jpeg

Dayum, pics are so-big and my connection so-slow it takes forever to load this page.

Apologies if I don't respond anymore until it hits page 2. Too-risky. If it takes too-long I lose the ability to upload to the forum and have to reboot and set everything up again. Probably only just got away with it this time.

Not that I'll be missed or anything, so yeah, ignore me and carry on. Still wanna swap my imaginary GF with any of Larry's. :LOL:

View attachment 313473

She is sweet 19 years young and has considerable technical skills. So 2 months ago she gave up her day job and moved in with me in order to help me shorten my delivery times in the future.

But she is much more than that... apart from some personal qualities with which she makes me very happy privately but which I don't want to detail here, she has impressive cooking skills - and yes, she is actually one of the best cooks I have ever experienced in my life.
Photoshoping a picture of a girl, most likely an unknown girl, at your yard, and lie online saying it's your girlfriend it's like going beyond being a pathological liar.
No wonder no one ever got their amps on their promised dates!
Beyond pathetic. But funny as hell an old fart need to do that for attention.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘

😂 😂 😊😂😂😊😊😂😊😂

It's amazing how jealous such infantile, psychopathic and hateful old Brazilian farts react to this. Is it all just because you only get old, worn-out frigates?

Do you want to see her ID as proof?
Should I post it here?

Here you go, with the kind permission of my Lady:

Mc240529-1.jpg

Last edited:
Dude, I'm 20 years younger than you! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
And the picture of the girl at your front yard is still photoshopped.
Liar!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Saving for prosperity.

By the way... the ID is photoshopped at the counter too. Pathetic.

Back