Do Tan Pants have souls?

• Thread starter Thread starter Smash
  • Start date Start date
I have some of the same 6v6s she has, the RCA black plate and grey plates

They're actually really nice
I love 6V6's, just I guess not as easy to make effective in higher gain amps. I like coke boatel 6V6G's sometimes even a bit more (cheaper too). My personal favorites are Fivre, RFT and Tungsram, but those are also my favorite brands for most tube types. Some TGP things here and there I guess I don't disagree with lol

I will take them. I am going to set them out in front of a J. Crew store and see if i can net one of those fuckers
Like a deer in headlights. A deer that happens to be wearing tan slacks.

I hereby decree that the tan pants wearing TGP crowd shall now be officially labelled tants. E.g, “oh, look at those fuckin’ tants with their $2k pedalboards plugged into their grab’n’go 15 lb 1x8” combos.”

The last amp I sold had el84 sized 6v6s. I’m the most gear page of them all

I've gotten banned multiple times for really crazy insignificant shit - it takes a certain type to be a tgp mod
I know, right? I was banned for calling one of them a dumbfuck gaslighting piece of trash Jimmy Page groupie.
I mean who doesn't want that in a Christmas card? People these days are so sensitive.

I hereby decree that the tan pants wearing TGP crowd shall now be officially labelled tants. E.g, “oh, look at those fuckin’ tants with their $2k pedalboards plugged into their grab’n’go 15 lb 1x8” combos.”
They aren't actually just tan pants, they are officially the blues police. Different jurisdictions will have differing standards as to what is acceptable for garb, gear, and of course the material on the set list.

Do they survive off of consumption of el84 and 6v6 predominantl
Along with a side of tan plants, topped with a lightly seasoned vinaigrette.

Last edited:
I'm also not big into Schecter cheesiness, but can at least appreciate their trolling with bat inlays and reverse Gibson headstocks.
You see the razor blade guitar yet?
1722836237270.png

Also, anyone need some EL84 or 6V6 tubes? :ROFLMAO:
Never gonna say no to tubes! Well, at least until I run out of space.

They look TGP-ish to me. Basically what I'd imagine for a doctor/lawyer type guitar and Suhr or Tom Anderson for a doctor/lawyer that wants to think they're a little more bad ass, but really isn't
Few doctors and lawyers don’t wear tan pants at all. Then again some do. That is a stereotype I’ll accept 😏. I personally don’t wear tan pants.

Great thread here. My problem with TGP (based on the 2 or 3 times I’ve tried to navigate there) is that the sub-forum topics are SO granular / specialized that its hard for me to find what I’m looking for.

Now I just got brag on a friend of mine. I live in Kansas City and the tribute band KC/DC is based here. They are one of the absolute best, big production AC/DC Tribute bands I have ever seen.

The guitarist who is ‘Angus’ in this band was a late 80’s G.I.T. Grad who hit the scene right when metal went down the crapper and grunge took over. (I was only a couple of years behind him - bad timing).

He had to do something to pay the bills and he couldn’t help it that he was intellectually brilliant. So off to Medical School he went. He has a massively successful radiology practice, raised a beautiful family, and throws down Angus on the weekends!!

Me? I did Law School - I probably clear in a year what my buddy brings home in a month (!!) and I’m lucky to find a few guys to hit an open mic nite on a Wednesday when the local waterin hole is half empty 🤣😂

Here’s PDC today and PDC in 1994 - refusing to believe that the metal scene had died!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0262.png
    IMG_0262.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0775.jpeg
    IMG_0775.jpeg
    270.9 KB · Views: 26
Great thread here. My problem with TGP (based on the 2 or 3 times I’ve tried to navigate there) is that the sub-forum topics are SO granular / specialized that its hard for me to find what I’m looking for.

Now I just got brag on a friend of mine. I live in Kansas City and the tribute band KC/DC is based here. They are one of the absolute best, big production AC/DC Tribute bands I have ever seen.

The guitarist who is ‘Angus’ in this band was a late 80’s G.I.T. Grad who hit the scene right when metal went down the crapper and grunge took over. (I was only a couple of years behind him - bad timing).

He had to do something to pay the bills and he couldn’t help it that he was intellectually brilliant. So off to Medical School he went. He has a massively successful radiology practice, raised a beautiful family, and throws down Angus on the weekends!!

Me? I did Law School - I probably clear in a year what my buddy brings home in a month (!!) and I’m lucky to find a few guys to hit an open mic nite on a Wednesday when the local waterin hole is half empty 🤣😂

Here’s PDC today and PDC in 1994 - refusing to believe that the metal scene had died!!!!
Throw a wig on an you are back at it.

What color ten top did you get?
Any time I see the words ‘ten’ and ‘top’ in the same sentence, I immediately think of class rank in law school. And trust me, I weren’t no ‘top ten’

We used to say the ‘A’ students become judges, the ‘B’ students become professors, and the ‘C’ students make all the money!!!

Back