Dokken kiss of death live philly in 1987

• Thread starter Thread starter Briman24
  • Start date Start date
Sounds raw.... I dig it.
Same. A lot of folks wouldn’t be able to deal with that low level of gain. You can hear everything and I love that!

Takes some serious picking hand technique to do that.

Similar to EVH, Jake E Lee, etc… stuff with just cranked NMV Marshall levels of distortion.

I love mine! SN 10186

Attachments

• IMG_0523.jpeg
    IMG_0523.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 16
  • C5EA1FEA-4CBA-4D55-88EA-201ECC2D3AC2.jpeg
    C5EA1FEA-4CBA-4D55-88EA-201ECC2D3AC2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • DD1BD9B5-E9AF-4C2A-AC5C-5BA2465F0833.jpeg
    DD1BD9B5-E9AF-4C2A-AC5C-5BA2465F0833.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • 25A7A948-DF4E-435D-AD95-AD43D765EF1F.jpeg
    25A7A948-DF4E-435D-AD95-AD43D765EF1F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
I’ve never seen a live vid of Lynch where I was like “Damn! He nailed it!”

His right hand technique always looks oddly uncomfortable. It makes me wonder how many takes his leads generally took in the studio to track.

And don’t get me wrong, I am a Lynch fan so not being a poop here.

Same. A lot of folks wouldn’t be able to deal with that low level of gain. You can hear everything and I love that!

Takes some serious picking hand technique to do that.

Similar to EVH, Jake E Lee, etc… stuff with just cranked NMV Marshall levels of distortion.
I post extreme metal and my tones is a blend of modern with a tighter less gain than normal. I attibute it to these same guys. When friends play my rig they hate it lol

Donald Duckbutt pay sum rithim guitar on break the chain tour thru Mrashal map.

I’ve never seen a live vid of Lynch where I was like “Damn! He nailed it!”

His right hand technique always looks oddly uncomfortable. It makes me wonder how many takes his leads generally took in the studio to track.

And don’t get me wrong, I am a Lynch fan so not being a poop here.
Don has said in interviews that George would record and go home, then Don would go in with Wagner and they would cut and splice solos together. But, that is Don also being Don.

In George's instructional video he has outtakes of him soloing over tracks from the first Lynch Mob. Of course, they are picking the best takes, but the takes that they have are completely improvised and are as good as the solos that made the record. When he is on, he just flows.

Back