Dream Theater - Pull Me Under Tone Test (VHT CLX)

• Thread starter Thread starter gibson5413
  • Start date Start date
gibson5413
gibson5413
I am not trying to necessarily match Petrucci's tone. What I am trying to do is dial in a strong rhythm tone from the CLX. I love the leads I have gotten so far and am trying to get a great rhythm sound.

What do you think? I will give my thoughts after I read some comments from all of you. Keep in mind I didn't play to a backing track and did it from memory.

I did add some reverb to the rhythm tracks.

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=23597

That doesn't even sound like a VHT to me...which is why I like it. WAY better than that KSE clip you posted, this one doesn't sound hollow.

>|<>QBB<
simbasa":312fc said:
That's your best CLX clip yet. I like that tone. :) :) :)

Thanks man! Anything in particular you would like to hear from the amp? I will try and do some clips forumites would like to hear.

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":f818e said:
That doesn't even sound like a VHT to me...which is why I like it. WAY better than that KSE clip you posted, this one doesn't sound hollow.

It still has a very VHT-like quality to it.

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":86683 said:

Thanks Mark! I know you didn't have any luck with the CL you had but I'm loving the amp. The only complaint I would have about the SE was that channel 4 was essentially channel 3 with more gain. The Rhythm channel and Lead channel are different enough that the versatility really shines in the CLX.

I actually rerecorded the KSE clip with the tone you are hearing and I think it sits in the mix much better. I may post it sometime!

Have you gotten the chance to play that Blackmore yet? It has to be killing you if you haven't!! :o

>|<>QBB<
Code001":4c09e said:
>|<>QBB<

It still has a very VHT-like quality to it.

I don't think it sounds like a VHT at all, I would say that is by far the best VHT clip I've ever heard.

>|<>QBB<
gibson5413":137ad said:
>|<>QBB<

Thanks Mark! I know you didn't have any luck with the CL you had but I'm loving the amp. The only complaint I would have about the SE was that channel 4 was essentially channel 3 with more gain. The Rhythm channel and Lead channel are different enough that the versatility really shines in the CLX.

I actually rerecorded the KSE clip with the tone you are hearing and I think it sits in the mix much better. I may post it sometime!

Have you gotten the chance to play that Blackmore yet? It has to be killing you if you haven't!! :o

Yeah man, I went home last weekend and got to play it. It was just as I remembered, awesome. 8)

Now that is some fine VHT tone :o Man at 1:25 that amp is really staying together.....loved it.

Milo on HCAF had some incredible VHT clips done in a studio, wish I still had them cause this one reminded me of them.

Sounds better then your previous ones for sure! I'm just an Engl guy at heart which is why I like you SE tones more. They sounded (**warning! cork sniffer description) "jucier" to my ears

I like, seemed a bit "dry", but I've never been partial to VHT.

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":d8251 said:
>|<>QBB<

Yeah man, I went home last weekend and got to play it. It was just as I remembered, awesome. 8)

Can't wait to hear any clip you get up and running. How did the Vigier sound through the Blackmore?

Thanks for the compliments!

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":a3c50 said:
Now that is some fine VHT tone :o Man at 1:25 that amp is really staying together.....loved it.

Milo on HCAF had some incredible VHT clips done in a studio, wish I still had them cause this one reminded me of them.

Thanks DJ!

I would love to hear those clips from Milo. I will say that it sounds huge in person. The sustained chords I play sound massive in the room.

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":24bd6 said:
>|<>QBB<

I don't think it sounds like a VHT at all, I would say that is by far the best VHT clip I've ever heard.
I agree and I know Mega had a CL50 as I do . All the CL50 clips I hear sound a bit muddy and can't get those clear highs. I love it for practice but at stage volumes I don't like it. I think the CL100 and CLX sound better at those volumes. I would like to hear some legato runs and see how crisp they are. Thanks man.

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":3f895 said:
>|<>QBB<

Listen to the way the low E sounds in the clip.

I think this sounds awesome. It does sound like a vht to me, but I'm pretty sure I know what MegaMark means by the "hollow" comment and I agree. This just makes me want to try one really, really bad!!!!

Back