EBMM Axis Super Sport on the way...

• Thread starter Thread starter ratter
  • Start date Start date
Nice, I got one off ebay (Axis SS Hardtail) a couple weeks ago. When it got here the frets were worn down and the nut was not filed correctly so the seller paid to have it sent to EBMM to have a refret, new nut installed and setup. It should be back in a few weeks. I got mine for around what you paid, $850 after shipping.

Tyler

>|<>QBB<
TWPietz37":6f9c1 said:
Nice, I got one off ebay (Axis SS Hardtail) a couple weeks ago. When it got here the frets were worn down and the nut was not filed correctly so the seller paid to have it sent to EBMM to have a refret, new nut installed and setup. It should be back in a few weeks. I got mine for around what you paid, $850 after shipping.

Tyler

Wait until you get it back... ;)
It'll be like new.

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":d047f said:
Seems like I got a pretty fair deal. I just sold my EBMM Luke, as I just can't get into vintage style trems. Also, I wasn't a fan of the EMG humbucker in that guitar either. It sounded weak to me, which was unexpected.

Anyway, I'm definitely a hardtail kind of guy and I'm hoping this EBMM Axis Super Sport will blend in nicely with my other guitars (EBMM Morse hardtail and Fender Telecaster.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150074126519&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

Chris

Jake E Lee defied trems in the 80's :o

I'm gravitating toward hardtails with current acquisitions but I'll always enjoy good quality trems :)

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":743b4 said:
Thanks! I think I'll dig it, but we'll see. :) The EBMM stuff continues to impress me.

+1

Best value out there IMO, especially used.

Tyler

Congrats, I've got an Axis with an unbelievable blue quilt on the way. Can't wait and I think that it will go along with my 2 Wolfgangs perfect :mrgreen: I had an EBMM EVH in the past that I sold years ago for a nice profit and I've wanted to pick up another EVH or Axis for a long time so I'm extremely psyched.

I'm actually getting a new one from a dealer I tracked down online, so it's not the same one. I'm actually getting a really good deal on it and the price is less than most of the used Wolfgang standards I've seen recently and is less than I paid for my EBMM EVH new back in 1992, so I'm psyched. Beautiful quilt top, can't wait, should be here Friday.

3eb0_12.jpg

That's the one I scored. I'm sure once it gets back from EBMM it will play flawlessly.

Tyler

I love my ASS :o

Trans blue with trem and it is my #2 actually. #1 is a stop tail Wolfgang. ok somedays my ASS is #1 :roll: :P

Here's a closer look now that I've got this 'pic' think figured out :wink:

Yeah it does have a nice top, thanks. I bought it new from the '12th Fret' here in Toronto about 5 years ago. I've let too much good gear go over the years to let this one get away, although I've been tempted a few times to sell it.

From now on, I sell no gear (humbly said)

"If I bought it; there must of been some reason for it." This has been my philosphy for a few years now.

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":41821 said:
She arrived today, but of course, I'm sitting here at work. Won't get to rip into the guitar until tonight, but I'll report back. :) I hope the top is better than it appears in the eBay auction, but we'll see. That won't make or break the guitar, but seeing all of these other really nice tops makes me jealous!

Honestly, I would play a guitar with a giant dick carved into the top if it sounded great. Mine has a pretty decent top in person but I would never sell a guitar that sounded great but had a shitty top and never keep one that was the opposite. Just my .02

Tyler

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":79b84 said:
>|<>QBB<

Oh, I agree completely. I'm just saying that I hope it does have a good top. That's all. :)

Nothing wrong with a nice looking top, that's for sure.

Tyler

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":8a523 said:
For starters, it's in 9.5/10 condition (very clean.) Just tore the strings off, cleaned the fretboard, oiled the fretboard/neck, etc... Sitting down with it now. The neck feels fantastic and is a nice departure from my Morse.

Great news! 8)

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":0d4d9 said:
Pretty good so far, but I haven't had much time tonight with her. My daugher has a friend over and they've taken over the computer/music room. :(

:x

:wink:

Back