EBMM Axis Super Sport on the way...

• Thread starter Thread starter ratter
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":97617 said:
Pretty good so far, but I haven't had much time tonight with her. My daugher has a friend over and they've taken over the computer/music room. :(

I hope you like it. I think that they are great guitars and worth their weight in gold. I would easily put one up against a lot of the suhr stuff that I've played.

Tyler

One of the best necks out there. Completely spoiled me. I pick up other really great guitars and their necks put me off.

Nice guitar Thump, you need your own little studio that's off limits in the house somewhere :D

>|<>QBB<
Vrad":e76a2 said:
One of the best necks out there. Completely spoiled me. I pick up other really great guitars and their necks put me off.

Amen brova. My desert island guitar would ideally be a strat, but until I can find one that has a neck as good as an EBMM neck, it would just be "settling".

That's a nice top Chris. Nicer than mine! And it sounds like the tone is there, so that's what matters.

I emailed him, yeah. I'm sitting on this SD18 that I bought new from MF....I'm still in my exchange period. For what he's asking for the SD45, I could return the SD18 and essentially "trade" it for his 45. Which is tempting to me for a few different reasons.

But I dunno. I'm very undecided about gear in general right now. And he hasn't emailed me back, so it's kind of a moot point unless he does.

The 18 is the darkest of all the SD's, and I'm not sure I'm digging that.

Which VHT do you have?

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":ac57c said:
>|<>QBB<

I agree! :)

Okay, just spent a few minutes comparing the Morse to the Axis at low levels. The Axis has more "punch" to it, which is something I always like in guitars. I'm trying to figure out why and have a couple of ideas...

Axis
- New strings
- String-through hardtail bridge
- Basswood body with maple top
- Maple neck with maple fretboard
- Slightly higher action than the Morse

Morse
- Slightly used strings, but not old at all
- Hardtail bridge, but not string-through
- Alder body
- Maple neck with rosewood fretboard
- Really low action, but not buzzing

I think those are the main differences. Of course, they both have different pickups and stuff too, but I'm hearing a difference in the guitar itself, not just the pickups. Hmmm... I'd have to say that right this second, I prefer the tone from the Axis. Interesting...

Great looking guitar. :D

I've got the new Steve Morse 2006 EBMM and it seems to have a little more punch than my older Steve Morse. I'm thinking it's because of the maple top and the way the pickups are mounted to the body instead of the pickguard like earlier Steve Morse models. I also prefer the tone of the newer Steve Morse over the older. In fact, I prefer the newer model overall.

I'm a little late, but that's a great looking guitar!!

I dig the way the top looks on that one.

Enjoy it man 8)

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":535f2 said:
>|<>QBB<

Really? Cool. Do you find that the fretboard radius on the newer Morse model is smaller, meaning it feels more like a Fender?

The fretboard radius on the newer Morse does feel smaller and a bit faster, however, it really doesn't feel much like either of my Strats.

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":17a83 said:
>|<>QBB<

Hmmm... I only got to spend 5-10 minutes with a Y2D and I didn't think it played as good as my original model Morse. Then again, it was only 5-10 minutes, so who knows? The Y2D sure does look nice, though.

Chris

Yep, looks nice, plays nice and the pickup config makes more sense and is more usable then the older model.

Hey Chris....does it have a pretty thick tone? Or thin? Cuz I know a guy who is selling a super sport locally. He wants $1000/obo, it is tobacco flamed maple top though.....
These quilted ones look way nicer to me personally. I thought $1000 is a bit high correct?

Back