Elmwood M90 Vs. Diezel VH-4

• Thread starter Thread starter Sacha
  • Start date Start date
Very interested i hearing these thoughts....I have an opinion on the VH4 and am VERY interested in an M90 ;)

The only problem may be that I doubt many have played both. I know I haven't......yet :D

mctallica1":52092 said:
Very interested i hearing these thoughts....I have an opinion on the VH4 and am VERY interested in an M90 ;)

The only problem may be that I doubt many have played both. I know I haven't......yet :D

There was somebody on here that just sold a VH4 and bought an M90

gybe!":6e07c said:
mctallica1":6e07c said:

That would be inca roads. These amps were completely apples and oranges... I just like apples better. I love the VH4 personally, but I am just like Steve Snider... The m90 is my favorite amp....
Josh

For technical metal Though> VH-4 Is the better choice for me..I like the Modena Alot but it is better suited to play rock then Metal IMO.

guitarman967":e3f49 said:
For technical metal Though> VH-4 Is the better choice for me..I like the Modena Alot but it is better suited to play rock then Metal IMO.

Interesting.

I have heard from a few sources that the M90 is more modern/aggressively voiced than the M60 and is suited well for Metal.

Not disputing you, just putting what I have heard out there.

I am quite interested in playing the M90. :thumbsup:

key words...more than the 60....

M90 is still a little sweet to be quite a modern metal amp...capable...but not quite diezelesque in that aspect. Regardless, it is nice, and still my preference.
Josh

gybe!":36eb2 said:
mctallica1":36eb2 said:

That would be me. :D
The best comparison for the Modena is, A High Gain Marshall mated with a Bogner Uberschall
and the end result is the M90. It has that very aggressive Marshall-esh Grind and Bite,
with a low end that shakes stuff off the walls. On the back it has 3 knobs, Edge, Fat, Mix.
the edge gives it more Presence (Grind), Fat, is more Low end that you'll never Dime,
and Mix is for your effects loop 0 to 100%.
I play the M90 in Stereo with a Diezel Herbert, and they are the perfect match for the Tone
spectrum in my head.
"No doubt Josh, apples and oranges, both delicious though."
The VH4 is different, yes, but in a good way. The VH4 was too similar in Tone played
with the Herbert in Stereo, the VH4 had the same patent Diezel sound, I wanted two different sound contrasts, witch led me to the M90.
The VH4 is more voiced to the JCM 800 realm and smoother than the Herbert.
While the Herbert is Recto voiced and kills every Recto in existence, much better for Metal.
They both (M90+VH4) can do metal, dialed in correctly, but the M90 has more aggression and bite.
The VH4 is smoother to my ears, very loud, but voiced better for Rock tones, ex.
Adam Jones (Tool) Warren DiMartini (RATT) Neal Schon (Journey) play the VH4.
https://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd93 ... 90Best.jpg

Inca Roads":0c57b said:
gybe!":0c57b said:
mctallica1":0c57b said:

The best comparison for the Modena is, A High Gain Marshall mated with a Bogner Uberschall
and the end result is the M90. It has that very aggressive Marshall-esh Grind and Bite,
with a low end that shakes stuff off the walls. On the back it has 3 knobs, Edge, Fat, Mix.
the edge gives it more Presence (Grind), Fat, is more Low end that you'll never Dime,
I play the M90 in Stereo with a Diezel Herbert, and they are the perfect match for the Tone
spectrum in my head.
The VH4 is different, yes, but in a good way. The VH4 was too similar in Tone played
with the Herbert in Stereo. It was more voiced to the JCM 800 realm and smoother than the Herbert.
While the Herbert is Recto voiced and kills every Recto in existence, much better for Metal.
But the VH4 had the same patent Diezel sound, I wanted two different sound contrasts, witch led me to the M90.
They both can do metal, dialed in correctly, but the M90 has more aggression and bite.
The VH4 is smoother to my ears, very loud, but voiced better for Rock tones, ex.

That all sounds pretty damn good to me :yes:

Yeah Man, there are two Amps I will never part with,
The Elmwood Modena M90 and the Diezel Herbert.
Keepers for life!! Now it's a question of what type of Rock Rig can I build.
Cameron CCV-100 and a (Splawn Nitro or Modena M60 or Bogner XTC)
Or a CAE OD 100 SE+ and a Soldano SLO ETC......... Fuck'in GAS :D

Inca Roads":86c80 said:
gybe!":86c80 said:
mctallica1":86c80 said:

spectrum in my head.
"No doubt Josh, apples and oranges, both delicious though."
with the Herbert in Stereo, the VH4 had the same patent Diezel sound, I wanted two different sound contrasts, witch led me to the M90.
The VH4 is more voiced to the JCM 800 realm and smoother than the Herbert.
They both (M90+VH4) can do metal, dialed in correctly, but the M90 has more aggression and bite.

Thanks for the great feedback! I like the 800 description of the VH-4, that's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for, but the smooth part, not so much. I know already I do like the Diezel sound...tough choices damn! :doh:

Just watched some videos of the M90. Damn that thing sounds good. Nice upper midrange snarl for sure! How much do those things run? :D

I have an M90 and VH4 right now. I will post my opinions later today and hopefully have a couple clips.

J.B.":36544 said:
I have an M90 and VH4 right now. I will post my opinions later today and hopefully have a couple clips.

You are THE MAN. :thumbsup:

shredhead666":01d2d said:
Just watched some videos of the M90. Damn that thing sounds good. Nice upper midrange snarl for sure! How much do those things run? :D

Hit up Josh Sage for a good price.
He might have a used M90 for sale, He'll do ya right!!
http://www.rebelamps.com/

J.B.":b2106 said:
Did a real quicky with the M90.

Tone is awesome, but was your wife mixing eggs in the kitchen at the same time you recorded this by chance? ;)

Rufus Leaking":0ff43 said:
J.B.":0ff43 said:
Did a real quicky with the M90.

Tone is awesome, but was your wife mixing eggs in the kitchen at the same time you recorded this by chance? ;)
Hehe :lol: :LOL: Josh wanted a heavy one, so I used a heavy backing.....I just went with the flow. :D

Back