Elmwood M90 Vs. Diezel VH-4

• Thread starter Thread starter Sacha
  • Start date Start date
J.B.":9e66d said:
Rufus Leaking":9e66d said:
J.B.":9e66d said:
Did a real quicky with the M90.

Tone is awesome, but was your wife mixing eggs in the kitchen at the same time you recorded this by chance? ;)
Hehe :lol: :LOL: Josh wanted a heavy one, so I used a heavy backing.....I just went with the flow. :D

Sounds good, I could get into a tone like that for sure. Look forward to hear your comparison with the VH-4.

ENDITOL":c9914 said:
Sounds good, I could get into a tone like that for sure. Look forward to hear your comparison with the VH-4.
Well, here's where I stand on the VH4/M90 comparison. The VH4 is more of a traditional tone, even though it's a Diezel. It's the least "Diezel" sounding Diezel of them all IMO. The cleans are real good (havn't spent a lot of time there though), channel 2 can be woofy, not really all that usefull to me. Might work real well with a boost though (I'll try that). channel 3 is nice and tight. Reminds me a lot of a modded Marshall, but, to an extent, it is a Diezel. It does sound like the Adam Jones of TOOL tone. Channel 4 is better IMO than a lot of people say. Yes, it's more compressed and more saturated, but it works great in combination with channel 3 as rythm and 4 as lead. Overall, great amp. Metal machine? It can do it.

M90 has the Elmwood tone, which is different from most other amps out there. I told a couple people tonight, that it reminds me a bit of an Uber and a mark series Booige combined, but that's just the best comparison I can come up with, with amps people are familure with. But what really sets the Elmwoods apart is their mid control. The sweep on the mids is very cool to say the least. It not only changes the mids, but the overall tone/feel of the amp. It's real punchy (2 KT88's), and pissed off sounding. TONS of gain, real good cleans, fairly tight without the boost engaged, and cool options. It's a 2 channel amp, but with the boosts for both channels is more like a 4 channel amp. It really comes down to if you like the Elmwood voicing or not. It's not a "Marshall" or "Mesa" based amp. It's an Elmwood. It can be a love it or hate it amp, somewhat like the VHt stuff.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Don't know if my last post is showing up or not :confused: So, here's a copy.

Well, here's where I stand on the VH4/M90 comparison. The VH4 is more of a traditional tone, even though it's a Diezel. It's the least "Diezel" sounding Diezel of them all IMO. The cleans are real good (havn't spent a lot of time there though), channel 2 can be woofy, not really all that usefull to me. Might work real well with a boost though (I'll try that). channel 3 is nice and tight. Reminds me a lot of a modded Marshall, but, to an extent, it is a Diezel. It does sound like the Adam Jones of TOOL tone. Channel 4 is better IMO than a lot of people say. Yes, it's more compressed and more saturated, but it works great in combination with channel 3 as rythm and 4 as lead. Overall, great amp. Metal machine? It can do it.

M90 has the Elmwood tone, which is different from most other amps out there. I told a couple people tonight, that it reminds me a bit of an Uber and a mark series Booige combined, but that's just the best comparison I can come up with, with amps people are familure with. But what really sets the Elmwoods apart is their mid control. The sweep on the mids is very cool to say the least. It not only changes the mids, but the overall tone/feel of the amp. It's real punchy (2 KT88's), and pissed off sounding. TONS of gain, real good cleans, fairly tight without the boost engaged, and cool options. It's a 2 channel amp, but with the boosts for both channels is more like a 4 channel amp. It really comes down to if you like the Elmwood voicing or not. It's not a "Marshall" or "Mesa" based amp. It's an Elmwood. It can be a love it or hate it amp, somewhat like the VHt stuff.

I just went down and played the M90 some more.....that amp is kicking some serious ass. Too bad I have to ship it off tomorrow. :no:

J.B.":b47de said:

Very cool, thanks! Maybe a clip of the same riff with the VH4 channel 3, if you have time... :rock:

ENDITOL":19968 said:
J.B.":19968 said:

Very cool, thanks! Maybe a clip of the same riff with the VH4 channel 3, if you have time... :rock:
I'll try tomorrow but can't promise anything. :aww:

Back