ENFD! Epic New Fractal Day!!

• Thread starter Thread starter gbsmusic
  • Start date Start date
gbsmusic
gbsmusic
The new FM9 rig and setup for the home, this thing just going through presets sounds incredible! I've only had about an hour to play through it. Can't wait to start making my own patches! It was well worth the wait.

Attachments

• 20211028_151309.jpg
    20211028_151309.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
@gbsmusic The best tip I can give you is that the best sounds in the Axe come when you start building your own patches. And if you're a high gain player, the most important part of the rig is the Cab block, believe it or not. This means that finding an IR or combo of IR's you love is probably 60% of the battle. I'd recommend starting with the Legacy IR #103 4x12 Basketweave TV Mix. There's some kind of magic in that IR and a ton of Axe-Fx users love it. I use it for just about everything as a starting point and then blend in other IRs as appropriate.

Congrats and have fun!

The AFXIII might be the best gear purchase I've made in the last ten years.

I'll second that. I'm sitting in a room full of amps and the Axe III is easily the best musical purchase I've ever made. It does almost literally everything, and it does just about all of it very, very well.

@gbsmusic The best tip I can give you is that the best sounds in the Axe come when you start building your own patches. And if you're a high gain player, the most important part of the rig is the Cab block, believe it or not. This means that finding an IR or combo of IR's you love is probably 60% of the battle. I'd recommend starting with the Legacy IR #103 4x12 Basketweave TV Mix. There's some kind of magic in that IR and a ton of Axe-Fx users love it. I use it for just about everything as a starting point and then blend in other IRs as appropriate.

I'll second that. I'm sitting in a room full of amps and the Axe III is easily the best musical purchase I've ever made. It does almost literally everything, and it does just about all of it very, very well.
Thank you for the tip I absolutely will check that out.

nice
how are you liking the pair of hr108's
I am completely blown away by them. I had the atomic CLRs and Xitone before I will admit those sound better but they are also 3 times the price. I had the 112s the 1st time around with the FM3 and returned them because they sounded terrible to me, way too much low end these are absolutely perfect and loud. I already have 2 Xitone wedges paid for that I'm actually going to get a refund for because I don't need that much volume, these sound great.

The new FM9 rig and setup for the home, this thing just going through presets sounds incredible! I've only had about an hour to play through it. Can't wait to start making my own patches! It was well worth the wait.
Congrats, nothing quite like the first 3-4wks with a new Fractal product.

I haven't even scratched the surface of the FM3, which I'm very happy with, let alone the added features of the FM9. I could see myself trying to mix amps and it sounding like crap, lol. Curious to know what amp combos people are integrating.

Congrats Greg! I've been tempted to try one of these since I've heard the III is a good bit better than the previous iteration. One day.....

Wow!! Congrats! I was so close in putting an order in when they came out recently. 8m sure it has killer tones in it!
Congrats again!

Back when I got an axe FX II many years ago I thought I would use the dual amp feature a lot, but I usually just stick to single amps. There’s cool tones to be had when you want to blend characteristics of multiple amps, just not something I found much use for.

You’re also better off panning the two amp blocks hard left and right and into different cabs / speakers as you can get phasing issues when you sum two amps to mono.

Would like to upgrade to the afxIII but I just haven’t had the motivation to do so yet as I am still happy with the II (as well as my real amps).

Wow!! Congrats! I was so close in putting an order in when they came out recently. 8m sure it has killer tones in it!
Congrats again!
Congrats Greg! I've been tempted to try one of these since I've heard the III is a good bit better than the previous iteration. One day.....
They have come a long way, I've had quite a few of them over the years, these are pretty incredible right out of the box!

Last edited:
Congratulations I'm still trying to get a good high gain sound out of my fm3.

Enjoy! Fractal makes a great product! I've continued to enjoy mine since I got my III back in 2018.

Back