Ex-Axe-Fx Owners?

• Thread starter Thread starter rsm
  • Start date Start date
Audioholic":2iz6yn14 said:
Cliff I bet doing just an EFX only version would be something that took off and see alot of use for a lower price point then the standard and give other efx units a huge run for the money. I am not sure about the just amp and cab version, sorry to say, but you never know. I guess you would have to make it super router simple, as the complexity of the standard may scare off some people who like very simple stuff and don't desire anything complicated and hence be the market for a super scaled down version??...

IMHO splitting the Axe in half = double amount of fun! ;)

This is what the US made famous: FREEDOM

You are free to combine whatever you want - and nothing keeps you away from
using both Axe-Amps and Axe-Effects, but the advantage is there - not being forced
to use what someone else want me to use, I can make my own choice.

So if you already have an effect, but not insist on "the perfect processing" you can still use
your old gear and save money AND save 1 U space in your Rack.
Look at Brads Rig, I guess he's only using the effect section of his Axe, he would save one unit space
for something else ( switcher or whatever)

The only thing what I appreciate for a future update with one space and only amp sims is:

give us knobs for every parameter ( gain & EQ) on the front, so we can easy tweak our sounds in realtime,
but a certain way that indicates the controlles after a preset change (via LCD or LED)!

axe.jpg

On the last vid I made in the rehearsal room, I found myself tweaking a lot during the whole session and
even in the breakes. Adjusting in realtime would be really a step ahead.

A "diet" Axe wont need so many amps, just maybe the "essential":

- Marshall Plexi
- Vox AC 30
- SLO 100
- Rectifier
- JCM 800
- das Metal (Diezel)
- Energyball ( ENGL Powerball)
- CAE 3+

all IMHO of course ;)

oooo

good ideas, tweakable knobs on the front panel!!!! now that would make it a worhwhile unit, much easier to tweak on the fly then diving through menus!!!

Back