Expanding my personal Les Paul Collection- A few Pics Inside

• Thread starter Thread starter King Guitar
  • Start date Start date
Killer LP's there Brad. Can you tell me the advantage of replacing the disc caps with orange drops or something else. I picked up a '77 LP Standard last week and was thinking the caps may need replacing if they are that old?

King Guitar":s29boaww said:
gibson08":s29boaww said:
Very Nice!! :rock: How about a few more details, pickups?pots-wiring? Nice top for sure!!

The pots have been upgraded to RS Guitarworks CTS 500K Superpots for volume and CTS 500K tonepots with 50’s wiring kit. The caps are Sprague Orange Drop .022 600v

Everything else is original on the guitar. I have the original harness with the original pots and small ceramic disc caps that came with the guitar.

The original strap buttons have been changed to Schaller strap locks but I have the original strap buttons and screws.

The serial no. is 9-1387

guitup too":2ii6s32k said:
Killer LP's there Brad. Can you tell me the advantage of replacing the disc caps with orange drops or something else. I picked up a '77 LP Standard last week and was thinking the caps may need replacing if they are that old?

King Guitar":2ii6s32k said:
gibson08":2ii6s32k said:
Very Nice!! :rock: How about a few more details, pickups?pots-wiring? Nice top for sure!!

The pots have been upgraded to RS Guitarworks CTS 500K Superpots for volume and CTS 500K tonepots with 50’s wiring kit. The caps are Sprague Orange Drop .022 600v

Everything else is original on the guitar. I have the original harness with the original pots and small ceramic disc caps that came with the guitar.

The original strap buttons have been changed to Schaller strap locks but I have the original strap buttons and screws.

The serial no. is 9-1387

The round out the tone a bit and take out some of the treble.

I'm not a Les Paul guy, have had a few great specimens over they years, but those sure are pretty. :thumbsup:

yngzaklynch":1gktin3y said:
Love washed cherry but If I ever drop major coin again on a LP it will be a nice lemon burst.
Here's a shot of my Yamano select Lemonburst:

My 57 Goldtop Darkback:

And a custom '68:

Just a few of the brood :D

Attachments

• IMG_4227.JPG
    IMG_4227.JPG
    199.8 KB · Views: 1,584
  • IMG_4228.JPG
    IMG_4228.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 1,585
  • IMG_4232.JPG
    IMG_4232.JPG
    197.7 KB · Views: 1,573
Am I odd that I prefer '58s to '59s? I have a '58 Tobacco Burst that just has the MOJO. Tobacco is not my favorite finish but once I put my hands on this thing it was all over. Even got rid of my Heritage Cherry '58 cuz I never played it any more.

I need another LP like a hole in the head. But, when I find one of these limited edition candy apple red 57's, it will be mine....to add to the other 4. And, I normally hate red guitars :D

limitedR7.jpg

Here's my rare 2003 Music Machine 59 Stinger with Brazilian Board (So dark it looks like ebony almost)
LesPaulF1.jpg

LesPaulB1.jpg

Sure would love one of Gil's builds !!!

You guys are killing me! Mo, that '68 custom is classy! Steve, that candy apple red paul is just amazing! Brad, holy crap! Jim, LOVE the goldtops, especially the one with P-90s. My only LP is a mid 90s Wine Red Studio but it has some serious mojo! Replaced the nut and tuners and give it a great setup and it plays like a dream! Might try a new bridge pup though, or change the pot value.

steve_k":25q944lg said:
I need another LP like a hole in the head. But, when I find one of these limited edition candy apple red 57's, it will be mine....to add to the other 4. And, I normally hate red guitars :D

limitedR7.jpg

I always felt the same about red guitars, but I picked up a Candy Cola Stratocaster and it's so purdy in person I can hardly stand it. :thumbsup:

My contribution... love this guitar to death! And she knows how to make me happy!
DSC01425.jpg

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait til I find another that I like.

SDMF38":7auc3fh9 said:
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait til I find another that I like.
Are we talking guitars here or UPS delivery gals :yes:

Back