Finally an ADA Mp-1 VST

• Thread starter Thread starter veji
  • Start date Start date
Man…I’m really unsure what you’re basing that on. I ran one on stages for over a decade and with very little effort this morning was able to recall all my tones and those I recall my units doing. An example…which you may think blows and to which you are perfectly entitled: Switch. MP-1 into a Carvin X100B return.
I'm not the only one in this thread saying this plug-in does not sound like an ADA MP-1, bro.

:unsure:

I'm not the only one in this thread saying this plug-in does not sound like an ADA MP-1, bro.
Roger that. Anyone feeling the same certainly has the opportunity to chime in. I'm really curious, 'cause I've had no issues with it and it works as expected from years of experience and use. Not exactly recalling settings; however, running OD with the gains & master at 6-6-6, usually scooped the mids out around 8 and treble/presence 0-2 or so, as needed immediately gets into the ballpark. Make no mistake: these units are noisy bitches. Included gate helps. I putzed around with cabs a bit, but ended up sitting on the Mesa cab with a 57 or 421 (off-axis) and R121 (on-axis) nearly evenly mixed. EBMM Luke III plugged in and rocked. Clean and/or S.S. (<-- louder) with gains 3.4, 3.6 or so and master to use/need: there it is.

Nuno, Vito, Metallica, STP...dirty and clean...no issues. This is all through Cubase UR-44 and Dynaudio BM5's.

Maybe my old age/ears are letting me down. What are you/others hearing?

EDIT: top the whole thing off with included effects, amp/cab/mic sims, IR's if so desired and a small mixing section = awesome plugin, especially at the current price.

@easstudios I’ll invite you into this chat, and share your opinion.

I tried it.. it is free to try for a couple of weeks. I wasn't impressed.. it sounded like every other modeler out there except my Fractal. Fractal just sounds amazing.

I tried it.. it is free to try for a couple of weeks. I wasn't impressed.. it sounded like every other modeler out there except my Fractal. Fractal just sounds amazing.
I've tried the Nembrini MRH-159 plug-in, and was impressed.

I didn't like their speaker/mic IRs so I used different ones, but the amp sim itself was pretty impressive.

loving this Nembrini APA MP1. Haven’t tried the included IR’s though, but it sounds great to me

Man…I’m really unsure what you’re basing that on. I ran one on stages for over a decade and with very little effort this morning was able to recall all my tones and those I recall my units doing. An example…which you may think blows and to which you are perfectly entitled: Switch. MP-1 into a Carvin X100B return.

EDIT: PLX...going back through thread and reading your post in line has me understanding you're referring to the demo video, to which...OK. I was referring to the actual plug-in, which your above post indicates you've not actually used. I think I understand your point better.
I'm betting the videos don't do it justice

I've watched a lot of videos and thought "maybe the makers of that amp should pay you NOT to play it"

I've tried the Nembrini MRH-159 plug-in, and was impressed.

I didn't like their speaker/mic IRs so I used different ones, but the amp sim itself was pretty impressive.
Do you have a Fractal or tried one?

I watched the Leon Todd demo, and he normally does good sounding demos. What I am getting from his demo is what sounds like it could be an MP-1, but it's in the next room. There is no in your face character to the sounds he is getting at all. I use plug-ins and can get them more in my face sounding than this. That distant sound immediately kills a product for me.

Owners of the real thing, is this plug-in legit? As in the behavior of the controls? I can get some good tones but its a little tricky to dial in and has a very prominent midrange. Almost too honky at times.

Funny, the ADA MP-1 doesn't have the bells and whistles of a Eleven Rack, Kemper or Cortex, but those old ADA's are still great sounding and very relevant.

I watched the Leon Todd demo, and he normally does good sounding demos. What I am getting from his demo is what sounds like it could be an MP-1, but it's in the next room. There is no in your face character to the sounds he is getting at all. I use plug-ins and can get them more in my face sounding than this. That distant sound immediately kills a product for me.
What plugins do you like

Just gonna say that plugins will never sound like a real amp. And I'm talking about the mic'd sound. 😚

Amps are always going to win, but there is not a chance on earth if I made two clips that you would be able to tell which is an amp and which is a plugin. Not a chance. This stance is absolutely ridiculous these days.
This is true.

Amps are always going to win, but there is not a chance on earth if I made two clips that you would be able to tell which is an amp and which is a plugin. Not a chance. This stance is absolutely ridiculous these days.
Yeah if you record a shitty modern metal sound I wouldn't, but try to get a fully cranked sound out of your plugins a la Randy Rhoads or Jake E Lee and tell me if my stance is still ridiculous. 😚

Last edited:

Back