Finally!! CLIPS of my Mesa Quad Setup.

• Thread starter Thread starter Sick Michael
  • Start date Start date
:yes: I like the way you mixed a bunch of clips together to show what she can do.

mentoneman":te6f5r1c said:
sickie!

no secret i dig the mark series and that quad sounds great...you would dig the V though...

i just played a gt-10 tonight and it has some decent sounds in it for sure, but i think i am gonna stay real tube amp and avoid modeling stuff for a while longer.
The V looks like a really interesting proposition, the only thing is, I havent heard any *decent* clips of it yet.

Just gonna have to wait for one of you crazy cats to buy one, dial it in properly, overdose it with TC reverb and slam it with a treble boost!!

The Gt-10 is great. I dont use any of the models on it (still same old same old, box-ed in, charicatured goo tone). The actual distortions arent bad though, definitely workable - they kind of fill in the gaps together with the generally very good effects. Post distortion stuff isnt as good as TC/Lexicon, but I use my GMajor for that anyway.

Im nearly done (he says boldly). Im looking now at Dry/Wet stuff, and G12h speakers.....lol, it never ends does it....

stephen sawall":1fxs5995 said:
:yes: I like the way you mixed a bunch of clips together to show what she can do.
Yeah man, thats ALL I wanted to do, no messing around....everything is now 1 footswitch away, which for this setup is half the battle.

I am keeping my IV when I get my V.
You may want to do the same.
I am sure that could be a kick A$$ wet/dry/wet set up.
Do what I do loop out the preamps with a GCX for more voice options.
Money ? ~ Whats the hurry you have a cool rig.

Sick Michael":m02y2zqm said:
I had never considered the Studio, mainly due to the lack of switchable sounds. To be honest Im totally content with the clean on the quad, but I am left wondering sometimes is how LD1 could sound if I focussed all my tweaking efforts into it. Its probably the best sound in the thing.

That's exactly why I ended up with both. Had them previously at seperate times and knew that this go round was going to involve both. LD1/Mark IIC/IIC+ is my favorite distorted tone and there was no way I was compromising it this time.

And G12Hs!? Dude, if you're talking about the G12H-30's then I'm scared. I had those with my old Boogie rack before I picked up the Halfback 4x12 and Buzzbombs!

By themselves, I loved the H30's for single note stuff but was a bit unhappy with the darkened rhythm tones. Mixed with V30s was perfect though.

I think we might have been seperated at birth! :lol: :LOL:

stephen sawall":3lx3n74l said:

That's how I'm running the Studio and Quad now. Works great!

stephen sawall":g022v667 said:
I am keeping my IV when I get my V.
You may want to do the same.
I am sure that could be a kick A$$ wet/dry/wet set up.
Money ? ~ Whats the hurry you have a cool rig.
Oh I couldnt afford a MkV, I need a new car for a start! hehe

Yeah, see what Im thinking is send the recording out of the Quad into the GMajor and then into powered 1x12s. Could be emotional.

EvilBatman":337z0l6r said:
Sick Michael":337z0l6r said:
I had never considered the Studio, mainly due to the lack of switchable sounds. To be honest Im totally content with the clean on the quad, but I am left wondering sometimes is how LD1 could sound if I focussed all my tweaking efforts into it. Its probably the best sound in the thing.

That's exactly why I ended up with both. Had them previously at seperate times and knew that this go round was going to involve both. LD1/Mark IIC/IIC+ is my favorite distorted tone and there was no way I was compromising it this time.

And G12Hs!? Dude, if you're talking about the G12H-30's then I'm scared. I had those with my old Boogie rack before I picked up the Halfback 4x12 and Buzzbombs!

By themselves, I loved the H30's for single note stuff but was a bit unhappy with the darkened rhythm tones. Mixed with V30s was perfect though.

I think we might have been seperated at birth! :lol: :LOL:
:)

I think Im gonna get a couple of G12hs and do an X pattern with the V30s. Could be good.I like the way V30s stay very full for lead lines but they (IMO) sound a little darker than G12h's which sound fatter, a little looser and have more presence.

I like the old Michael Wagener recordings from the 80s and I read somewhere that almost all of it is ADA MP-1 through G12h speakers.

Well, I have no doubt it'll sound awesome Michael. Hopefully you can get the speakers soon. One step closer to your Ultimate Tone! :thumbsup:

EvilBatman":37k21ukt said:
Well, I have no doubt it'll sound awesome Michael. Hopefully you can get the speakers soon. One step closer to your Ultimate Tone! :thumbsup:
Yeah man, Im actually dying to get those speakers, everyone and their dog uses 75 watters or V30s for high gain stuff, you dont hear about the G12hs much, nor do you see many use them.

Ralph has been on about them for so long, he cant be wrong!

Sick Michael":1i7n12ts said:
Ralph has been on about them for so long, he cant be wrong!

He's the one that convinced me to try them. :)

Excellent clip Mike. I'm always on the lookout for a Mesa Quad.
You demonstrated that thing very well.

That is very cool!

Sounds great and I like how you mashed all the clips together to show different sound options too.

:rock:

Thanks!
T

Phil and T,

Thanks!!! You know Im doing it for you guys, serving the community!!! woo!!!

Back