Finally gave in and bought a noise gate. Oy.

GearGasms

Doctor Love
Noise gates aren't exciting. Except when you have a noise machine like the red channel of the EVH 5150III EL34 50 watt head. "Normal" noise gates won't do anything for that constant hiss. Many folks run two noise gate pedals, one in front and one in the loop. That gets expensive.
Until I discovered the Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor pedal! It's two gates in one and hooking it up in the four cable method puts it in your signal chain twice! It's confusing, or it was for me, as to how to hook it up but I finally figured it out and I'm sharing it with you all today!
Have a great weekend and Celebrate Mediocrity!
alan

Grown men who face palm emoji and use terms like noob, except spelled like Prince might spell it. Ok.

Noise gates are not exciting.
Video about noise gate....
🤔
Yeah still not exciting.

Grown men play real gear that don't need a noise gate to act right. I can see a pre teen needing a noise gate because there's changes happening and they aren't sure how to focus. But after that... eventually your balls drop and you learn how to play music without crutches.

Imagine telling Eddie van Halen with his gain on 10 he need a noise gate... because YOU can't control the amps behaviour.

Grow up. Be a man.
Stop playing little boy toys like ns2.

@GearGasms I'd suggest you contact the folks over at Guptech and see if they can send you a Sun gate. When I had a EVH stealth to demo, I used that gate with it and it worked wonders. Didn't affect the tone or sustain.

Cheers.

Those 4-cable-method gates are awesome.

The gate triggers off the direct guitar signal but the gate itself is applied after the preamp. It’s basically a post preamp noise gate that is side chained to the direct guitar signal.

You can get surgical with the threshold because of the guitar’s huge dynamic range but the gate kills ALL the noise, guitar and preamp hiss both.

Best way to do it.

Noise gates are not exciting.
Video about noise gate....
🤔
Yeah still not exciting.

Grown men play real gear that don't need a noise gate to act right. I can see a pre teen needing a noise gate because there's changes happening and they aren't sure how to focus. But after that... eventually your balls drop and you learn how to play music without crutches.

Imagine telling Eddie van Halen with his gain on 10 he need a noise gate... because YOU can't control the amps behaviour.

Grow up. Be a man.
Stop playing little boy toys like ns2.

Gatekeep much?

Tough looking Avatar = "See I look tough"

Tough Guy Screen Name = "See I sound tough"

Tough Guy Gatekeeping Posts = " See I talk tough too"

You're not fooling any of the adults here

You posted in this thread to make yourself feel big.
Now the world knows you're small.

I thought we were discussing gear here...

Gatekeep much?

Tough looking Avatar = "See I look tough"

Tough Guy Screen Name = "See I sound tough"

Tough Guy Gatekeeping Posts = " See I talk tough too"

You're not fooling any of the adults here

You posted in this thread to make yourself feel big.
Now the world knows you're small.

I thought we were discussing gear here...

The world knows 1 thing.& thing only.

And that is I will pimp slap the SHIZNIT outta you with my headstock.

You coming at me bro?
Whats good ham breath?

👺

Back