Floyd Rose replacement suggestions

• Thread starter Thread starter MadAsAHatter
  • Start date Start date
I’ve got a ‘German’ Floyd that makes a weird buzzing on the D string. If I squeeze the D-string clamping bolt at the back of the bridge, the buzzing / vibration goes away. I’ve swapped the spring claw that applies pressure to the under-side of the saddle clamping bolts to no avail. It’s like the tolerances are just “off” on this particular bridge. Maybe I need a new saddle for the D string??

A deep dive on Google tells me that the Schaller Lockmeister has none of these ‘sloppy tolerance’ issues. Users report that the Lockmeister is the Floyd that Floyd ‘used’ to be. I’m ready to drop the coin just to see…
I've had a problem with a weird D-string buzzing or what I call 'a clanky D'. There's just this weird sound on top of the D string notes (especially open) and if I hit it really hard it gets worse. Actually both guitars are tuned to Eb so it's really a 'clanky Db'. I've been meaning to see if tuning to E std changes anything. Both OFR, one new one from mid '80s.

I need to switch to Gotoh due to the fine tuner placement. Even though I also prefer the feel of the OFR, to me it just has that classic 'wah-wah' and 'accelerating drop' sound but those damn tuners are in my way.

Reactions: PDC
I’ve got a ‘German’ Floyd that makes a weird buzzing on the D string. If I squeeze the D-string clamping bolt at the back of the bridge, the buzzing / vibration goes away. I’ve swapped the spring claw that applies pressure to the under-side of the saddle clamping bolts to no avail. It’s like the tolerances are just “off” on this particular bridge. Maybe I need a new saddle for the D string??

A deep dive on Google tells me that the Schaller Lockmeister has none of these ‘sloppy tolerance’ issues. Users report that the Lockmeister is the Floyd that Floyd ‘used’ to be. I’m ready to drop the coin just to see…
Who sells them?

Reactions: PDC
Gotoh is the best floyd style bridge on the market, including floyd.

Reactions: Geo

Back