Found.....One lost Mailman...

• Thread starter Thread starter Mailman1971
  • Start date Start date
Mailman1971
Mailman1971
Hey guys....been a while.
Well its been a rough road the past several months for me.
Wasnt gonna spill it....but now I realize life is short.
back in the earlier part of the year I was diagnosed with skin cancer. Shit load of spots on my back.
Kept it quiet......had it treated and moved on best I could.
Well shortly after stomach problems started. Not sure what it was. Went and got it checked....then re-checked...
Colon cancer. :aww:
I just ducked out after that. :(
Its been a rough rough road. Surgery....agressive treatments....pills up the ass. Sick all the time. :(
I didnt post. Didnt need a pity party of a 'poor me' thread. Just wanted to deal with it. Wasnt sure how it was gonna turn out. Well I am told gonna live. But I learned to spend more time with family and friends away from the computer.
Super weak. Lost almost 50 pounds. Havent played guitar in months. Few guys on here knew the story. But I asked them to keep quiet. Now I know its all good. Life is life. Live it up guys. Can get snuffed in a second.
I am back.....but not really. Used to be on here daily posting. Now I am just gonna role in once a while. This is my first time talking about this to people. But You guys are my second family and I have learned to accept what is going on.
Keep it going guys. I will be around. Just not like I used to.
Rock on my friends.....

Danno

Great to see you back Dan and good luck on a full recovery. We need your humor around here. :rock:

Do miss you guys. Serious. You know this place was my home away from home.
Not feeling great these days but....
Here is a sight for sore eyes you bastards. :lol: :LOL:

Great news Dan!! I lost my brother almost two years ago and yes life is way too short. If you have a brother or sister ...just so you know I feel great for him or her because I'd not wish what I'm walking through on anyone. Again glad you are winning the fight!

Mailman1971":3ug7p3tj said:
Do miss you guys. Serious. You know this place was my home away from home.
Not feeling great these days but....
Here is a sight for sore eyes you bastards. :lol: :LOL:

Why?????? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thank you Mr. Ejecta! I been shy to get online to talk about this. But its all about closure and I actually feel better for speaking out. :thumbsup:

Figured you would get here eventually. Steve was asking about you; hit him up if you get a chance. He's been worried.

Head up mang. Text if you need to or just wanna BS.

Steinmetzify":3rm4vmh9 said:
Figured you would get here eventually. Steve was asking about you; hit him up if you get a chance. He's been worried.

Head up mang. Text if you need to or just wanna BS.
Thanks Scotty too Hotty!
You are a good bud. :rock:

Mailman1971":37cl15ej said:
Thank you Mr. Ejecta! I been shy to get online to talk about this. But its all about closure and I actually feel better for speaking out. :thumbsup:

Don't I know it! Here's to better health!! :cheers:

Wish I could drink.....but meds ...... :no:
when I get full recovery.....gonna destroy my liver once again! :lol: :LOL:

I am way too hot for this board and those shorts. I need a Speedo. Gonna hit the mall for a smoothie and a banana hammock. Plus some Birkenstocks to wear with it. Damn I'm fine!

Steinmetzify":3tcdowjk said:
I am way too hot for this board and those shorts. I need a Speedo. Gonna hit the mall for a smoothie and a banana hammock. Plus some Birkenstocks to wear with it. Damn I'm fine!
Digging thru the archives.....I found this pic you snapped of me last summer.
remember the good times Scotty.....the good times.....

Mailman1971":23rpkyh2 said:

I meant that metaphorically. :D

Prayers and or positive vibes your way for better health Dan!

ejecta":3st8bc5c said:
Mailman1971":3st8bc5c said:

I meant that metaphorically. :D

Prayers and or positive vibes your way for better health Dan!
Thanks man.....it all means alot. Felt pretty helpless the past months. Day at a time for my sorry ass.

Mailman1971":3de7pg3p said:
Steinmetzify":3de7pg3p said:
Digging thru the archives.....I found this pic you snapped of me last summer.
remember the good times Scotty.....the good times.....

This is a beautiful thing right here. Neon and all. I miss you man. :cry:

Glad to see you back. I was born in MI, and still visit "up north" every year. Hopefully music, or playing can help you feel better.

I am so damn weak these days.....I can barely pick up a soup spoon. :lol: :LOL:
I want to play.....but all desire is gone. Sure after time it might come back. Hope so.

Good to see you back Dan! I was thinking about you when I picked up my Cobra last month. Brutality!

Best wishes!

Best wishes my friend. :cheers: I know quite a few people that have been through the ringer with cancers and are still kicking. My Mom is an 8 year colon cancer survivor. Another family friend recently had their stomach removed because it was full of cancer and he's having a good time at the shore right now doing well with positive prognoses. Chemo is hell but it works. Do what you are supposed to no matter what or how bad the food tastes. Keep shoveling it in you stubborn bastard. :lol: :LOL:
It takes about a year to get over the chemo and you may have some permanent effects that are not too hard to live with and it's worth it. Give up a year to gain many many more. No brainer. Keep your attitude strong and keep telling your body to kill that shit! The chemo running through you is your sword.Yeah, easier said than done but you don't have to do it all the time to win, just most of the time. I'm not getting into it but I know what I am talking about Dan. Magic mouthwash and lots of ensure and maybe some steroids here or there. And Zofran is amazing shit. :yes:

Back