Found.....One lost Mailman...

• Thread starter Thread starter Mailman1971
  • Start date Start date
glip22":3j6gli16 said:
Best wishes my friend. :cheers: I know quite a few people that have been through the ringer with cancers and are still kicking. My Mom is an 8 year colon cancer survivor. Another family friend recently had their stomach removed because it was full of cancer and he's having a good time at the shore right now doing well with positive prognoses. Chemo is hell but it works. Do what you are supposed to no matter what or how bad the food tastes. Keep shoveling it in you stubborn bastard. :lol: :LOL:
It takes about a year to get over the chemo and you may have some permanent effects that are not too hard to live with and it's worth it. Give up a year to gain many many more. No brainer. Keep your attitude strong and keep telling your body to kill that shit! The chemo running through you is your sword.Yeah, easier said than done but you don't have to do it all the time to win, just most of the time. I'm not getting into it but I know what I am talking about Dan. Magic mouthwash and lots of ensure and maybe some steroids here or there. And Zofran is amazing shit. :yes:
Thanks Gary! Your a good Doobie!!!
Appreciate you for sure! :yes:

Wow man! Good to hear that you are going to get through all this.

Steve

Glad to see you back around, BIG wishes for a full and speedy recovery!! Stay strong my brother!! and BTW its has always bothered me a little that you have those kind of pics stored :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Thanks fellas. Much appreciated. Dont know what you got till your damn near dead.
Just gonna smell the roses a bit more. Hopefully one day I can pick up the guitar and play lay it down again. :lol: :LOL:

Mailman1971":3kuz6amd said:
Steinmetzify":3kuz6amd said:
I am way too hot for this board and those shorts. I need a Speedo. Gonna hit the mall for a smoothie and a banana hammock. Plus some Birkenstocks to wear with it. Damn I'm fine!
Digging thru the archives.....I found this pic you snapped of me last summer.
remember the good times Scotty.....the good times.....

Bid D!!!!!!!!

You promised not to post that picture of me. All kidding aside, I am so happy to hear that you are in recovery brutha. Fight that shit like a mean, pissed off badger. Give me a call sometime.

Yo Danno I hope all is well with you bro. Shoot me an e-mail someday if you are up for a phone call.

Rick

Dan, best of luck on a full recovery...the bug to play will bite again when you start feeling better. Best wishes man, I know you've been thru the ringer but you're coming out on the other side so it'll all be good. Thanks for sharing what you've been thru...it can help others. Be well...

Bob

Again.....thanks for the warm support. Seriously! :rock:
Wasnt sure if I was going to make it for a minute. Went from Skin cancer then found out weeks later I had colon cancer.
Felt like all life drained from me. :(
But its a long road....still travelling it. But I am over the hill from what the docs tell me.
I certainly dont feel it. But day at a time. So just trying to spend ALOT more time with people around me. They have been wonderful support. Glad you guys are here too. Always been my 2nd family :yes:

Glad to see you back. I'm really sorry for all that you've had to go through but hang in there and take the best care of yourself as you possibly can.

My work has been really understanding with it. Have not been in since May. But I had tons and tons of hours built up sick leave so it has been all good. So damn weak its sad. Doc said gonna be a long time to get back to my old self.

Mailman1971":3ecr2rau said:
I am so damn weak these days.....I can barely pick up a soup spoon. :lol: :LOL:
I want to play.....but all desire is gone. Sure after time it might come back. Hope so.
If not, dibs on your rig!!!.... :lol: :LOL: Of course it'll come back, Danno! Stay strong and keep fighting for a full recovery! Glad to hear that your prognosis is positive. Take care, man! :thumbsup:

Dam Danno, sorry to hear this bud, I knew something was up.
Keep your head up brother, most of the battle is in your body, but there's a lot to be said for trying to stay positive through all that shit.
I have a good friend who went through it for a long 2 and a half years, but he's back on track and doing great so far.
Prayers and mojo sent brudda :rock: :rock:

Hey man we don't know each other but Im glad your gonna be OK, I had pancreas surgery years ago that almost took me down and I too wasn't able to play but eventually the itch came back and I think that's when I started posting here, good luck on your journey getting back in shape physically and emotionally!

Glad to hear from you Dan. Very sorry to hear about this, but I'm glad the prognosis is ultimately positive. Best of luck for a full recovery man!! I've had a couple family members go through cancer and fortunately they're still with us. Support from friends and family is key.

Glad you caught them in time and that you're getting better bud!!!!
You must be one tough guy to be able to withstand all that.
How did you catch the skin cancer BTW?
Weird mole? too many new moles? during a routine checkup?

Much respect for you Dan, fighting it like a champ. You will win for sure, best wishes!

Back