??Friedman (modded) Butterslax classic metal in standard.

• Thread starter Thread starter LunatiBSW
  • Start date Start date
LunatiBSW
LunatiBSW
So I’ve had a really sad week. I lost my dog/ best friend/ 13 year family member on Tuesday.
She was my first dog I’ve raised, I got her when my wife and I were dating.
Now we have 3 and 4 year old kids. So my dog has been with me over every huge life event I’ve had.
She was the best, her name was Lunati, that’s how I got my screen name on here.
So I’ve been fiddling with amps to get my mind off it, since I’ve been a fucking mess the last couple days. I took off work also since wed, for the rest of the week.
So I’ve been finding ways to heal the pain, guitar helps.
I pulled out my custom super strat that my buddy builds. I helped a lot with this build also.
It’s in standard tuning, with a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge.
Cool 80’s/modernish metal tones?? No boosts. Channel 3 of the slax -> Friedman 412:15 cab.

Let me know if you dig it, I like to hear comments. (Or if your a dog person :) )

This pic helps me think she was at peace.
Tvib5Kil.jpg

May Lunati live forever in your family's memories,brother.

Damn condolences on your loss :(

Playing and amp sound great

Sounds killer. Sorry for your loss. What would make this 80's style settings wise? Just curious as to what the difference between this and your usual tone?

Sorry for your loss. We're lucky to guitar as therapy.

Sorry, brother. I been meaning to follow up with you by phone. Wishing you all the best juju. WE LOVE THAT SLAX!

Sucks Brandon!!! My deepest condolences my man! I had to put down my best friend a few years ago and it was the saddest day of my life. It was the day before my birthday to boot. Like you, he had been through 15 years of life with me. I still have his daughter and she is now almost 15 and is close to the end herself and I dread the day that is to come.

Guitar playing is good therapy; amp sounds phenomenal :cheers: Damn I've had the Butterslax on my brain a lot lately :doh: Must resist...I must!

Guitar playing is def therapy.
Sorry to hear about your dog.
Let's bring back the 80's ok?
That was a great representation
Keep on riffin' my man.

Sorry to hear that. I lost my best lil buddy, Rockit Ramble On, in May. Was rough.
He always sat with me when I played, followed me during yard work, rested on my feet when we were relaxing.
He crawled in my closet on my shoes when he went. Tore me up.
Loved that lil dog so much.
It was right after I got the MC50 from you. That metally clip I posted on your Wiz thread was a day or two after.
Feeling for ya. It gets better.

Great playing, great sounding gear.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've had a few cats and fish, but only one dog over 20 years ago. He was a little dachsund, a very calm, chill little guy, which isn't all that common among the smaller breeds. We picked him up from the flea market and named him Willy, and he was so small all he could do was sleep. I remember riding in the car and putting my ear on him to listen to his heartbeat.

A few years later my parents split, and things got really ugly. Neither of them wanted Willy, so they gave him to my aunt who gave him away to someone else. I have no idea ultimately what happened to him or where he went, I was so young and my life had changed so much so quickly, that time was just chaos. The thought of Willy possibly ending up at one of those shelters still crushes me.

You'll always have those memories with Lunati, and they sound like beautiful ones. Hold on to them as long as you can. I'll always remember Willy, and that time in my life when things were a little more innocent and idyllic. All those happy moments, the bond you two had, and what she meant to you, you can never lose that.

Also, nice pinch harmonics ?

Cheers bro, sorry to hear about your dog.

Sorry for the loss. Nice playing and tone.

Let's throw one back for Lunati. ?

Great tone and playing. Would love a slax. Sorry for your loss. Had two English staffies that passed away a few years ago. Huge characters and personalities. Time is healing but it’s still hard. Least you have two healthy kids and prolly the best amp lineup to get you through it.?

rottingcorpse":dko4vais said:
May Lunati live forever in your family's memories,brother.

Thanks brother, lots of great memories with Lunati

technomancer":dko4vais said:
Damn condolences on your loss :(

Playing and amp sound great

Much appreciated, she will be missed :thumbsup:

ClintN667":dko4vais said:
Sounds killer. Sorry for your loss. What would make this 80's style settings wise? Just curious as to what the difference between this and your usual tone?

Thanks for watching dude. Mainly the guitar and pickup. I tweaked the eq a bit for the guitar.
This guitar screams 80’s. It’s a pretty heavy 1 piece mahogany back/thick flame maple top.
1 piece flamed maple neck, with flamed maple fb. I usually play drop c# also, so this guitar being in standard helps also.

chadprsman":dko4vais said:
Sorry for your loss. We're lucky to guitar as therapy.

Thanks, I tell you man, guitar is great therapy. Your very right. It’s def helped me get my mind of things many times

Junk Yard Dog":dko4vais said:
Sorry, brother. I been meaning to follow up with you by phone. Wishing you all the best juju. WE LOVE THAT SLAX!

Thanks brother, I sure can use it., I had a moment of weakness on the slax. I really do love it also.

MetalHeadMike":dko4vais said:
Sucks Brandon!!! My deepest condolences my man! I had to put down my best friend a few years ago and it was the saddest day of my life. It was the day before my birthday to boot. Like you, he had been through 15 years of life with me. I still have his daughter and she is now almost 15 and is close to the end herself and I dread the day that is to come.

Guitar playing is good therapy; amp sounds phenomenal :cheers: Damn I've had the Butterslax on my brain a lot lately :doh: Must resist...I must!

Mike, thanks for typing that. Commiseration helps also. Sorry to hear about your long time buddy also. Enjoy those last moments with your other buddy. My wife and I had (2) dogs we got at the same time back in 2006. They were both rescues. Lunati, was a bigger terrier/heeler mix. We still have Bebe, little rat terrier mix. We’ve been spoiling the shit out of her, so she doesn’t feel the loss as much.
She’s 13 also, but def has a couple good years, as small dogs just seem to live longer the vet said
Dogs are amazing, compassionate, forgiving creatures, that can teach us a lot. Lunati taught me so much and I’ll never forget her.

311splawndude":dko4vais said:
Guitar playing is def therapy.
Sorry to hear about your dog.
Let's bring back the 80's ok?
That was a great representation
Keep on riffin' my man.

Thanks bud, I appreciate that compliment. 80’s are awesome. Wish I coulda been a little older to experience them in full.

LPMojoGL":802olasz said:
Sorry to hear that. I lost my best lil buddy, Rockit Ramble On, in May. Was rough.
He always sat with me when I played, followed me during yard work, rested on my feet when we were relaxing.
He crawled in my closet on my shoes when he went. Tore me up.
Loved that lil dog so much.
It was right after I got the MC50 from you. That metally clip I posted on your Wiz thread was a day or two after.
Feeling for ya. It gets better.

RIP Rockit Ramble On. Sorry for your loss Bobby. That wasn’t long ago.
I can see where you got the name. Cool name. That’s how Lunati was, she wouldn’t want me to go anywhere, without her being at my side. Her last year to 2 years, her back knees/hips got so bad she couldn’t walk around like she wanted to, she just wanted to lay a lot, it killed me. Her mind wanted to do much more than her body could. She basically lost all control of her legs last couple days. I’ll always remember her fun years, lots of fetch and swimming, and chillin together.

Price":802olasz said:
Great playing, great sounding gear.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've had a few cats and fish, but only one dog over 20 years ago. He was a little dachsund, a very calm, chill little guy, which isn't all that common among the smaller breeds. We picked him up from the flea market and named him Willy, and he was so small all he could do was sleep. I remember riding in the car and putting my ear on him to listen to his heartbeat.

A few years later my parents split, and things got really ugly. Neither of them wanted Willy, so they gave him to my aunt who gave him away to someone else. I have no idea ultimately what happened to him or where he went, I was so young and my life had changed so much so quickly, that time was just chaos. The thought of Willy possibly ending up at one of those shelters still crushes me.

You'll always have those memories with Lunati, and they sound like beautiful ones. Hold on to them as long as you can. I'll always remember Willy, and that time in my life when things were a little more innocent and idyllic. All those happy moments, the bond you two had, and what she meant to you, you can never lose that.

Also, nice pinch harmonics ?

Price,
Dogs are angels on earth. They can make such an impact, and bring so much love. I grew up with dachshund also. When I lost my mother, I was 13, I had that little weenie dog, Daisy, (which was my moms dog) to help through a lot of it. My Parents were already split, my dad was cool enough to let us move Daisy into his house. I have a special spot for that breed also.
Thanks for the great positive words. They do help.
I LOVE pinch harmonics. Thanks!

DeathbyButterslax":802olasz said:
Cheers bro, sorry to hear about your dog.

I appreciate that bro

swamptrashstompboxes":802olasz said:
Sorry for the loss. Nice playing and tone.

Let's throw one back for Lunati. ?

Cheers to that buddy. Thanks so much. I’ve been consuming quite a bit more bud/booze to get me through this.

Intronaut":802olasz said:
Great tone and playing. Would love a slax. Sorry for your loss. Had two English staffies that passed away a few years ago. Huge characters and personalities. Time is healing but it’s still hard. Least you have two healthy kids and prolly the best amp lineup to get you through it.?

Intronaut,
Sorry for your losses bud. This was much harder than I ever would have imagined. I’ve been trying to get myself ready for this for months. Nothing can prepare you for it.
I’m an optimistic person also. Your very right about the kids and gear. Perspective is a strong tool.
Thanks for the kind words.

Ah man, I'm so sorry. It's so hard. The two worst days of my life were saying goodbye to my 11 year old golden retriever, and my 17 year old cat. Just go easy on yourself and let the power of the riff help heal you.

Your friend will truly be missed, sorry for you loss. Dogs are the unconditional companions that cant be replaced. Each has it's own character we adapt to and love. Lost my last dog in less than 48 hours, came home he looked yellow, took him to the vet , next day he was gone. Not being bitter have not been able to get another since. He was bad ass, raised hell if you didnt take him the car even if you went out for a damn 40 and back. Played golf! As I say, hitting wedges in the field he sprints waits for it to drop out of the sky snatches it up and brings it back to go again. That and laying at my feet I cant replace with another, just not happening yet , it's been a while too, but everyone is different, I am sure you have many memories as well with Lunati. She will be missed, sorry for your loss

Awsome playing as always. Rigg sounds kick ass!! Cant get into mine lately, tubes are 8 months old.. maybe it's that Seems early but maybe that's the life of the el34 these days

Back